BOX1

P1000 Sprayer power in bed

M

mjfink

Jun 22, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone put a connection/jack of some sort in the bed to hook up a sprayer? The one I have has a pretty significant pump, 4GPM, 15A fuse. I'd like to hard mount something like a trailer light jack (not that, but similar) in the bed so I can just put the sprayer in, hook it up, and get to work without running wires to the front for the battery. Need to keep the dump capabilities though, so I'd probably have to run the wire all the way to the back. Interested if anyone has done this, and, if so, how and what parts did you use?

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anyone put a connection/jack of some sort in the bed to hook up a sprayer? The one I have has a pretty significant pump, 4GPM, 15A fuse. I'd like to hard mount something like a trailer light jack (not that, but similar) in the bed so I can just put the sprayer in, hook it up, and get to work without running wires to the front for the battery. Need to keep the dump capabilities though, so I'd probably have to run the wire all the way to the back. Interested if anyone has done this, and, if so, how and what parts did you use?

I just extended my wire on the pump motor using a coiled wire. It now reaches to the 12v socket under the dash.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just extended my wire on the pump motor using a coiled wire. It now reaches to the 12v socket under the dash.
That is the simplest and most effective method. Unless the sprayer stays in full time.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I use my battery tender adapter to run my sprayer. It's a 15 gallon from tractor supply. Just plug it in and spray. The battery tender connection has a inline fuse in it. Used it all of last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same here I just use the socket under the dash also.

Reactions: Delton
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I run a 60 gal boom sprayer with 3.8 gpm pump. Not sure what amps it draws but the dash plug works it fine. Using that plug, I don't have to get out to turn it on and off.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use my battery tender adapter to run my sprayer. It's a 15 gallon from tractor supply. Just plug it in and spray. The battery tender connection has a inline fuse in it. Used it all of last year.

I got that same sprayer. Don't like inching along fence line with the p1k so I use it with the foreman.

D

dotman1

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 24, 2016
Tx Gulf Coast
I added this plugin to mine D54e2d66355b16b362dd0a578b82cdc2
I have the 3.8 gpm sprayer also. I use the plug for the sprayer, a seeder and a corn feeder for the senderos on the deer lease. I put a switch on the dash. I it's nice to have an on/off switch.

Reactions: Ridem32 and sharp
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Use my sprayer yesterday to spray fence lines

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
got a 40gallon I pop in the bed, I ran a 50 amp relay right off the second battery I have under the drivers seat and control it from a switch on the dash. It doesn't need near that but I plan on using it for other things. Its a 3.8gpm pump and I think it draws about 5amps

Reactions: joeymt33
X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I got that same sprayer. Don't like inching along fence line with the p1k so I use it with the foreman.
I wired a switch and have a quick connect to the pump but after inching along I put mine on the forman as well. Im Scared of hurting the clutch.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!