Squeaking in front end.

J

jcash3485

May 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Went riding today and heard slight squeaking in front, I couldn't figure out what it was. I have a 700-4 about 300 miles on it. Just got 1st service done at dealership. All stock in front. Any ideas.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Squeak or squeal? Does is stop if you press the brakes?

J

jcash3485

May 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is like a faint squeek, squeek, squeek. I pressed the brakes both soft and hard and still heard it. It's very intermittent. When I stop and go slow it goes away. I speed up, sometime it starts again and other time nothing. Real faint and intermittent.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It has been common that the brakes go fast on the 700's for some reason. Changed mine around 400m.

J

jcash3485

May 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was thinking maybe like a rock or something stuck in their some where. But idk. It can't be bearings or anything like that I would think.

J

jcash3485

May 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
It has been common that the brakes go fast on the 700's for some reason. Changed mine around 400m.
Maybe that's it. I hope so. Can you look in from the side and tell if they need to be replaced or do you need to take then off to see for sure.

J

jcash3485

May 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
K, I think I'm close to 340 miles now that I think back. Maybe need a brake change. I have been riding with 4 passengers a lot

Reactions: Hondasxs
J

jcash3485

May 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks, I never would of thought of that. The links don't work anymore do you Happen to know the part number?

Last edited:
Dave_H

Dave_H

Sep 15, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Hey just a heads up, I have the same type of squeaking coming from my 18 700 deluxe and could not find the source. I ended up lifting it off the ground using two large motorcycle lifts and put it in gear at idle. Turns out that the noise is coming from the driveshaft input seal on the back of the front diff. While the driveshaft is rotating I found that very slight upward pressure will eliminate the noise. I tried spraying some lithium grease at the contact area of the seal on the shaft and it helped very little.

I called the dealership as mine is still under factory warranty and the response was if it isn’t leaking they don’t care. I assume the seal won’t last long at this rate because the noise is getting louder as the miles add up. It started at 200 miles and has 300 on it now. I am going to try to either borrow or make a seal driver to ensure the issue isn’t just an improperly installed or seated seal. I’ll update as I figure this out.

Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey just a heads up, I have the same type of squeaking coming from my 18 700 deluxe and could not find the source. I ended up lifting it off the ground using two large motorcycle lifts and put it in gear at idle. Turns out that the noise is coming from the driveshaft input seal on the back of the front diff. While the driveshaft is rotating I found that very slight upward pressure will eliminate the noise. I tried spraying some lithium grease at the contact area of the seal on the shaft and it helped very little.

I called the dealership as mine is still under factory warranty and the response was if it isn’t leaking they don’t care. I assume the seal won’t last long at this rate because the noise is getting louder as the miles add up. It started at 200 miles and has 300 on it now. I am going to try to either borrow or make a seal driver to ensure the issue isn’t just an improperly installed or seated seal. I’ll update as I figure this out.
I had the same thing .
I loosened up the 4 bolts on the front differential and pushed up and tightened the bolts noise went away .

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
riding in mud or in water with sand the front brakes go fairly quick. mines went anywhere from 100 miles to 400 miles on front. iv gotten to where i rarely even use them now.
ebc brake pads front and back dont even last as long as the stocks
there is a metal one thats 19 bucks. my dad ordered for me. i had problems putting the big red pads on my front cause the BR front discs is narrower. really tight on the thick pinny front discs. the rear brake lasts so long im im think about just using the honda rear pads all the time.

Reactions: Mudwing
Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Went riding today and heard slight squeaking in front, I couldn't figure out what it was. I have a 700-4 about 300 miles on it. Just got 1st service done at dealership. All stock in front. Any ideas.

Had a similiar squeek coming front the left front end. Turned out to be the plastic brake dust cover rubbing on the wheel. Adjusted it and the squeek went away...

J

Jeromey

Mar 21, 2021
Frostburg Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had the same thing .
I loosened up the 4 bolts on the front differential and pushed up and tightened the bolts noise went away .
When u say pushed up Do mean up in the air or to the front. Mine is doing same thing Irritating as hell. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!