P700 Squeaky Pioneer

H

heybo

Jun 25, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone had issues with constant squeaks? It worsens after turning and pressing the gas? I’ve checked for trash and looked for loose bolts but have had no luck. I hear squeaks near the right front tire and near the engine bay. Any help would be appreciated, it’s getting pretty annoying.

Reactions: Isaiah
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone had issues with constant squeaks? It worsens after turning and pressing the gas? I’ve checked for trash and looked for loose bolts but have had no luck. I hear squeaks near the right front tire and near the engine bay. Any help would be appreciated, it’s getting pretty annoying.
How many miles? Check the brake fluid level. If it’s low the fronts are worn. There have been some heat shields loose that cause a squeak. Tighten door stops. Without being there it’s tough to diagnose.

H

heybo

Jun 25, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
How many miles? Check the brake fluid level. If it’s low the fronts are worn. There have been some heat shields loose that cause a squeak. Tighten door stops. Without being there it’s tough to diagnose.
700 miles. I tightened the door stops and put tape on the bed so those are quiet. I’ll check the heat shield and brake fluid. Would the brakes still squeak while moving/ applying throttle?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
700 miles. I tightened the door stops and put tape on the bed so those are quiet. I’ll check the heat shield and brake fluid. Would the brakes still squeak while moving/ applying throttle?
If you’re on the wear bar it will squeal. Mine last around 600-700 miles. I’m at 1700 miles and I change them like clockwork. Fronts only. If the fluid is low then it’s time for fronts. I just did the rears for the first time. The rears have two arrows/triangles on the caliper and when they line up it’s time for those. I’ll be doing fronts soon for the third time. I keep a spare set on hand. These are sintered. The organic lasted me the longest. I might go organic next. The organic feel like I have to push harder to stop. Happy to help. 😎🤎2014-2016 Honda Pioneer 500 700 Sintered HH Front Brake Pads

H

heybo

Jun 25, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you’re on the wear bar it will squeal. Mine last around 600-700 miles. I’m at 1700 miles and I change them like clockwork. Fronts only. If the fluid is low then it’s time for fronts. I just did the rears for the first time. The rears have two arrows/triangles on the caliper and when they line up it’s time for those. I’ll be doing fronts soon for the third time. I keep a spare set on hand. These are sintered. The organic lasted me the longest. I might go organic next. The organic feel like I have to push harder to stop. Happy to help. 😎🤎2014-2016 Honda Pioneer 500 700 Sintered HH Front Brake Pads
Just checked and fluid is good. Tried messing with the heat shield and couldn’t replicate any noise. I would prefer to take it to a dealer but the wait times are ridiculous right now.

Reactions: Mudwing
Booey424

Booey424

Apr 17, 2020
New Haven, WV
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine also squeaks. It’s more of a chirping sound. Mine is in the exhaust system somewhere. When I first start it cold, I can grab the muffler and it stops the sound

I have tried tighten all the fittings but they are so tight they don’t budge. The dealer said it was the heat shield

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Mudwing keeps most of his moving parts muddied up so they don't make a noise! The Pioneer too!

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just checked and fluid is good. Tried messing with the heat shield and couldn’t replicate any noise. I would prefer to take it to a dealer but the wait times are ridiculous right now.
If you can pinpoint it, you’ll be better off. There are a bunch of things that make noise on these. 😉

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine also squeaks. It’s more of a chirping sound. Mine is in the exhaust system somewhere. When I first start it cold, I can grab the muffler and it stops the sound

I have tried tighten all the fittings but they are so tight they don’t budge. The dealer said it was the heat shield
The heat shields will be a constant with age/miles.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve tried tightening every bolt I can find and it doesn’t help. Is there no fixes for it?
Try removing them temporarily to see if that is the source. The rear section seems to have been the source for all the ones I had.
I bought some header wrap and cut small strips to fit between the shields and exhaust pipe. You'd like to do the same between the clamps and shields...though that might be a bit fussy. You want no metal to metal contact if possible.

The stock clamps aren't strong and will strip of you tighten them too much. You might find some type of aftermarket automotive style that would work without the strips, but even off the shelf worm clamps will help, but they will need to be tightened occasionally. Also, make sure the overrun is bent away from everything, or you'll get noise from that.

I guess you could header wrap the whole pipe and ditch the shields completely, but there seems to be some disagreement on what that will do to the pipe itself.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm going to say this although it might not be what you want to hear.
It's an OHV. You are beating the crap out of it (it you are using it properly). It will never be quiet like your luxury car or even like your pickup. Sometimes I notice all the chirps and squeaks at first, but after 5 minutes of riding, they start to sound normal. Like a cat purring.

It's the 700 talking to you. She's happy. Listen to the sounds. Be aware if she goes quiet or the squeaks change, because she could be telling you something is wrong.

FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Same on the exhaust squeak. It didn't do it before I had an encounter with a stump. If I grab the exhaust it stops. It comes and goes and the engine vibrations affect it.

Booey424

Booey424

Apr 17, 2020
New Haven, WV
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep, they make noise. Your ears will get used to it. Kinda like the folks who live by train tracks say.
I’ve had my ride since April. And the squeaky noise is getting more annoying by day.It is getting louder and Lasting longer the more miles I put on it

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just wait a few yrs when the bushings start squeaking on the a arm. Funny sounding at low speed off camber like every little lumbering move is from some kind of cartoon. Lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

H

heybo

Jun 25, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Same on the exhaust squeak. It didn't do it before I had an encounter with a stump. If I grab the exhaust it stops. It comes and goes and the engine vibrations affect it.
I think I’ve temporarily solved the exhaust squeak. At the top of the exhaust (closest side to the the cab) there is a metal plate that is close to the heat shield. That was rubbing the heat shield so I bent it in a little and no more squeak. I’m not exactly mechanically sound so I’ll have to take a picture in the morning to help my poor explanation.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have spent some time searching and looking over mine but to no avail! The motor and transmission is rubber mounted, the exhaust is secured with rubber hangers. I think if you could get some grease in the hangers, that may help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!