P700 SSV Works 4 Speaker Overhead System W/Undersea Sub.

junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just installed an SSV Works overhead system in my 700-4 and LOVE IT!

The mounting brackets needed a little "smithing" work on the vice with a towel in the jaws to taper them to the cage but not a big deal (the system is designed to fit a few different makes/models of UTV's). The unit mounts rock solid to the roll cage but does require you drill 2 holes on each side through the cage for the mounting screws. I also installed SSV's under-seat powered sub woofer, which mounts under the driver's side of the front seat. It also required a few holes being drilled but also mounted extremely. I purchased an offset flexible drill attachment after puncturing the same index finger twice trying to line the drill up with self tapping screws in tight quarters-don't know what I ever did without one!

I had previously purchased the non-powered SSV sub enclosure and planned to build a system with a power amp but scrapped the idea do to space constraints and laziness. I tried to order SSV's powered sub at the same time I ordered the overhead system but it's been discontinued, which turned out to be a blessing as SSV sold me the components that allowed me to convert the non-powered sub enclosure to a powered sub, saving me $. The sub amp has a power-on trigger and links via cable to the overhead system so no sub switch is needed-it can be directly wired to the battery with the included fuse. Oddly the SSV amp, which is located inside the sub enclosure, wouldn't power my Fusion Marine 10" sub but worked fine with SSV's 10" sub, which wasn't quite as beefy but sounds great. I can only think that the Fusion sub wasn't efficient enough (it just crackled). The Fusion sub is rated down to 4 ohms, the SSV 2 ohms. I think SSV designed their system with low power consumption in mind, though with the ignition on but engine not running my OEM volt meter immediately registered "Low". No such low readings with the engine running.

There isn't anything complicated about the installation. There is quite a bit of dis-assembly for the sub enclosure, very similar to what needs to be taken down to adjust the valves (which I did while I was in there). The overhead portion installation is a breeze. I have an OEM top which also needed to be removed for installation but that's no big deal.

The system sounds fantastic! It has decent power and stays clean at volumes loud enough to drown out engine noise and way past what my wife will tolerate! The sub supplies great bass. I hate "thumper" stereo systems but I love good, clean, loud music and the SSV Works system delivered; it has great separation as well. There are provisions in the cabling to add additional speakers and a sub level control (which I didn't purchase). The system has adjustments for volume, balance, fade (if you add a rear channel), treble, bass, loudness, an equalizer (why I passed on the bass control), pause/play, track forward/back and mode. The overhead has a dome light in the center that's almost too bright-it would be nice if there were various light intensity settings. The system's bluetooth link automatically connects with your phone(s) or other bluetooth music device once paired, worked reliably and has about a 30' range. There's an optional 2.1a USB port/connector that's cig. lighter socket size that will not only charge your device but provide a wired connection through the "Aux" input (I bought it but am still debating whether to install it). There's an am/fm radio with manual and auto seek/scan that gets decent reception. I spent $1000.00 for the system and think it's worth it.

junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ya, I knew I’d get photo request. It was in 90’s when I finished installation-I felt like I was too! Trim and roof still off. I’ll be back down to my weekend place a week from Thus. and will take/post photos.

junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Took some shots of the SSV system. O90XlOCITQeLaIlulh0a4AMog8jLMYS7S70I7DaoQduQVEy4M04LShyqXuijpJRKigFullsizeoutput 32c

Reactions: russknight

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!