Stalling issue when turning Pioneer 700-4 2015

B

bonfig100

Sep 8, 2017
north carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
Team Honda, I went creek riding and now when i turn, a few seconds later the pioneer 700 - 4 (2015) stalls. I already checked the gas tank breather tube, and have made sure i have good quality gas. again, i can go straight on with no problem but the bike stalls when i turn about 90 degrees or more. No water in the air filter box either. When the bike stalls, it takes about 10 seconds of trying to turn over then it starts right back up. Its almost like when i turn, it cuts off fuel to the engine. Let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance for any direction!

Mark - NC

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mark,
Are you familiar with how to read codes on the Pioneers?
Capture

Take your 700 for a drive until it stalls, or you can replicate the stalling issue. Video the codes and we can help you move forward with repairing the bike.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Still got water in there somewhere...you have to take tank off or just stall out till she's out of aqua.
Does it stall on every turn?
And by the way welcome to forum

Last edited:
B

bonfig100

Sep 8, 2017
north carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. Honda just called and said they dont know what the issue is so they are going to plug in a recorder to the pcm to hopeful diagnose the issue. Sounds to me like a fuel problem.

B

bonfig100

Sep 8, 2017
north carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not every turn. And its slowly getting better. I don't trust it quite yet to the point of taking it out with my kid. Don't want to get stranded.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have gas line antifreeze in NC? If so, dump a bottle in your tank, it will help with water in the fuel

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!