Steering problems

NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Been fighting this since day one. The more you turn the wheel to the left the tighter it gets. If you let off the wheel....it will go all the way to the right. Happens forward, reverse, and parked.

There was a new Talon R next to mine when I took it in. You could turn the wheel lock to lock with one finger. Mine you have to really crank on it to go left.

It’s not an alignment problem.

Any thoughts? In the shop again for the second time for this.

H

HondaTech

Does it do the same with the front wheels off the ground?

NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I did not try it with the wheels off the ground.

Also, if you let off the wheel while making a left turn, it will turn full lock to the right.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd bet that the power steering unit and/or whatever controls it is faulty. From your description it sounds like its constantly trying to assist to the right.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Hope you get it fiqured out, my buddy is purchasing a 2020 Talon R in a couple of weeks and I hope neither of us experience that issue.

Reactions: Isaiah
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'd bet that the power steering unit and/or whatever controls it is faulty. From your description it sounds like its constantly trying to assist to the right.
It's a Honda safety feature, keeps you from a head on with on on coming traffic! HA!

• Haha
Reactions: IDIOT and Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!