BOX1

Steering wheel alignment

S

Sadielynn

May 18, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
just picked up new ax’s and noticed steering wheel alignment is off and blocking some of my dash instruments. I’m assuming this should not be . Is this normal or can it be fixed if brought back to dealer?

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s best if you do a front end alignment first, then reset the steering wheel. Most of these units come toe out from the factory. They should be 3/16” toe in. Easy to adjust. This video uses the Super ATV A-Arms, but the process is the same for stock A-Arms.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good to know, thank you.
The way I did it is. Set your steering wheel straight, strap it in place. Pull a center line from front to back of the machine using the lower a arms frame mounts bolt centers, as the reference for true center of your machine, mount a couple plumb bobs to the center of both ends, pull a string and align off the string, and something to anchor the string to will help because you will want to roll your machine back and forward to check the adjustments you made, 4 inch concrete blocks for good, if you move the machine back and forward, it won't be in the exact place it was before, move the string to the center of the plumb bob, if you are using the tire / straight edge , works very well if you are installing rear SATV rear a arms and to get the rear to track correctly. Set front toe in to what you feel comfortable with , I run 1/16 per side from center = 1/8 inch total. Yea I over think things! HA!

Reactions: Sadielynn
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!