P1000 Stereo Options

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been researching what type of Stereo to add to the P1k5. My initial idea was to use my phone as the controller and get some type of bluetooth all in one unit to mount in the middle of the unit. The areas I ride are almost always out of cell phone internet connection so I would have to download the music before I go out. I have started seeing a bunch of people with individual speakers and that go me wondering if I should look at that route. I do not want big sound, just enough to comfortably hear the music while cruising. I have no experience with this, but I do not want to buy the wrong type and wish I had went with the other. So I guess I am wondering, All in one overhead unit or get a dash mount radio with speakers? I do not want to spend more than 3-500$ on anything. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been researching what type of Stereo to add to the P1k5. My initial idea was to use my phone as the controller and get some type of bluetooth all in one unit to mount in the middle of the unit. The areas I ride are almost always out of cell phone internet connection so I would have to download the music before I go out. I have started seeing a bunch of people with individual speakers and that go me wondering if I should look at that route. I do not want big sound, just enough to comfortably hear the music while cruising. I have no experience with this, but I do not want to buy the wrong type and wish I had went with the other. So I guess I am wondering, All in one overhead unit or get a dash mount radio with speakers? I do not want to spend more than 3-500$ on anything. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I just built mine ,wanted radio plus bluetooth plus I put music on flash drive, start with head unit add some speakers build it to what you want !!!!

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Boss MGR 350 B- Blue tooth with memory stick full,
Polk marine 6.5" speakers and Kenwood M1814 -400 watt amp. Dipole antenna under dash.
Does everything I want. Still have capacity for two additional speakers but not needed.

20191026 170832 20191102 174521

Last edited:
JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For a low key easy install get one of the rechargable JBL "Charge" series speakers (or equivalent, about $100) and secure it using one of the Scosche fire extinquisher/boom bottle mounts or equivalent (about $55). You can put a pair of them in, and run them in stereo mode, or just put one in. If you look at the customer photos at the link you can see one of the JBL speakers in the mount. Amazon has it too for a few more bucks.

FWIW I'm not all that interested in music underway, but have found the JBL unit to be a nice little portable box that I can listen to in the shop or while working on the boat in the driveway, take camping, or whatever. It has plenty of power and I just use music downloaded from Spotify. It is capable of playing quite loudly. $100 or so for the speaker and another $55 or so for the mount. No wiring, no dash real estate used, no speakers permanently mounted, and I can take it wherever I want to go.

Last edited:
R

rickoshea

i did what jiminaz did.2 50 watt W King bluetooth pairable speakers off amazon.sounds good,ipx 5 rated,usb charger built in so you can recharge stuff or recharge the speaker,loud enough to hear with a helmet on,and i can use them on the dock,party barge or the swimming platform,over where the hammock is or out on the patio/deck.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just built mine ,wanted radio plus bluetooth plus I put music on flash drive, start with head unit add some speakers build it to what you want !!!!
That looks great! How heavy is it +/-
I've been thinking of doing something like that but I would do fiberglass. I dont have the ability to do out of aluminum. Only thing I keep thinking about is the weight of all components. Any input?

Thanks in advance

J

JTW

The Bazooka party bar is what I have.. I think it’s the 24” version. Amazon had them on sale for a couple hundred dollars back when.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been thinking of doing something like that but I would do fiberglass. I dont have the ability to do out of aluminum. Only thing I keep thinking about is the weight of all components. Any input?
Front is maybe 25lbs sub in back is more like 40

Thanks in advance

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. Some of those setups are badass, but look like more than I need.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks in advance
About 25 in front and more like 35 in rear

Reactions: JenElio
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the round JBL gauge radio with component speakers. If I had to do it again I would go with a sound bar. Most likely a wet sounds. Was riding this weekend with a bunch of guys and they all had them in different sizes. They sounded better than mine if you take the sub out of my system.1dcc7eed9b4c85b66def2f23ca999b4b

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JenElio and TripleB
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
But I'm sure it doesn't make it better
So far thats the best looking set up that fits my ideas as well. Most likely what I'll be doing soon. I like that I can customize to what I want and all my switches r up high too

Reactions: bb22 and BWAF
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How did you mount it up there? Looks like bar clamps? Does it hold up well in the trails? Anything you'd do different? Sorry for the million questions :) I like that top console idea a lot.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you mount it up there? Looks like bar clamps? Does it hold up well in the trails? Anything you'd do different? Sorry for the million questions :) I like that top console idea a lot.
Those are custom clamps worked in a machine shop for 21 years, no problem with flex ,but if you are tall and plan to lower cage may not be for you I'm 6 4 and it's fine but if want to lower cage it could hurt

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So far thats the best looking set up that fits my ideas as well. Most likely what I'll be doing soon. I like that I can customize to what I want and all my switches r up high too
Thanks

Reactions: JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!