P1000 stick through floorboard

kennyg

kennyg

Feb 3, 2017
Acme Pa.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone else ever run a stick through the floorboard ? I'm not talking about a half inch diameter twig snaking it's way between the seams of the plastic panels. I'm talking about a 3" log busting through the plastic of the flat footrest area on the passenger side. I called the shop today, and believe it or not, they said " They are 100% sure that warranty will cover it. That would be great, but is it realistic?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We've seen it a lot. Frankly, it scares the s*** out of me. I could imagine being out in the woods and have my child or wife with a large stab wound!

I made my own protection. Check out my build for info on it. It was fairly cheap and easy.

kennyg

kennyg

Feb 3, 2017
Acme Pa.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We've seen it a lot. Frankly, it scares the s*** out of me. I could imagine being out in the woods and have my child or wife with a large stab wound!

I made my own protection. Check out my build for info on it. It was fairly cheap and easy.
I've already looked at your build, (nice work), I've been looking at stuff in here for a while.
I think I'm going to let the shop do the repairs, and chop up my old aluminum truck box to make some guards.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just order up some small sheets of 1/8" UHMW. It's cheaper than a tree branch stuck in your thigh.

505f508447e70adc005bbeec8963c12d

$25 per 2' square sheet. Not too bad. That was just a quick search. You could probably find it cheaper.

3ed09f2312610b0835b432e116a99702

Last edited:
J

JTW

Had it happen on a 4 wheeler and a rhino. So yeah, s*** happens. That's part of the reason I added full skids. Need to come up with something for the fender wells.

kennyg

kennyg

Feb 3, 2017
Acme Pa.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had it happen on a 4 wheeler and a rhino. So yeah, s*** happens. That's part of the reason I added full skids. Need to come up with something for the fender wells.
I wasn't surprised that it happened, (even though I almost jumped out, when it happened), but, I was surprised when the shop said to bring it in and let Honda pay for it.

J

Jshell3

Anyone else ever run a stick through the floorboard ? I'm not talking about a half inch diameter twig snaking it's way between the seams of the plastic panels. I'm talking about a 3" log busting through the plastic of the flat footrest area on the passenger side. I called the shop today, and believe it or not, they said " They are 100% sure that warranty will cover it. That would be great, but is it realistic?

Like... Week 1 (new P500 owner and HondaSxS member.)

P500 - Thoughts on Floorboard protection?

Sorry. New me, didn't know the forum rules about pictures (or it didn't happen)

Ultimately ended up going with these... (as suggested by another member @ehart814 )

P500 - Ricochet Rock Slider and A-arm kit

Reactions: Delton
J

Jshell3

I own a P1k-5 now, but I plan on doing something similar as soon as possible.

Reactions: Delton
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are you running full skids, # 1 add on in my opinion.

Reactions: JTW
TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have not had this happen on any sxs yet but I was doing some bush hog'n on a farm tractor one time and a 3" stick came up through the floor board and went into my gut. By the time I got the clutch depressed and stopped the tractor I was standing up with my tip toes on the clutch and it felt like the stick was going to penetrate at any moment. It can be a bad situation.

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had it happen to me on my RZR-4 800. stick came through floor on passenger side when my brother-in-law was sitting over there. He didn't get hurt but he about jumped out. I've been pondering different scrap I have laying around to afro-engineer a solution for my P1K.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Those darn ferns.
Honda dealer did repair the damage, likely to avoid damage to reputation! Their response was "oh oh, that shouldn't have happened"
Honda needs to leave off the visqueen sheet that comes on them, buyers think its a skid plate

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!