P1000 Still shopping for my P1000-5

P

Penny1

Jul 8, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello All!
I'm new to the club and still shopping around for my P1000-5. I'm currently debating between buying new or trying to find a good used unit. Looking mostly at Deluxe models as i like some of the upgrades but probably don't need all of the features of a limited. I feel the deluxe is the best value for me and what ill be using it for. Ill be primary using to cruise the family around town with some light trail riding. Would probably want at least a roof, windshield, turn signals and stereo.

Any opinions on whether to buy new or used? Not sure if there are any physical difference between 2016 to 2018 A couple units I'm looking at would be

2016 Deluxe (w/roof and lightbars) with less than 1000 miles and 60 hours, listed at 13000 but its private party so i can save a bunch on taxes and the seller is flexible with price. What would be a good offer/price?

2018 Deluxe New - I'm getting pricing around 14500 plus tax out the door with no accessories.

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello All!
I'm new to the club and still shopping around for my P1000-5. I'm currently debating between buying new or trying to find a good used unit. Looking mostly at Deluxe models as i like some of the upgrades but probably don't need all of the features of a limited. I feel the deluxe is the best value for me and what ill be using it for. Ill be primary using to cruise the family around town with some light trail riding. Would probably want at least a roof, windshield, turn signals and stereo.

Any opinions on whether to buy new or used? Not sure if there are any physical difference between 2016 to 2018 A couple
I would buy new unless I could find a used 2018 or 2019 but that's very unlikely. I looked for 6 months for a used 3 seater with no luck so I bought a new 2108 left over.

N

Nickanto

May 29, 2019
Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd buy a new left over 2018. Not sure about Iowa dealers, but in Missouri and Tennessee you can get them for less than 14k right now.

H

hemifoot

i bought a new 2019 just before the 2020's came out and the dealer wanted to clear it out #1:because a used one is impossible to find in my area and B: i didn't want someone else's banged up/abused and submerged junk,and 3:i wanted an extended warranty.

P

Penny1

Jul 8, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'd buy a new left over 2018. Not sure about Iowa dealers, but in Missouri and Tennessee you can get them for less than 14k right now.

any dealers you can point me to? hopefully northern missouri? id be willing to travel a little for a good deal!

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
any dealers you can point me to? hopefully northern missouri? id be willing to travel a little for a good deal!
Following closely. Exact situation here. Iowa dealers not willing to be price competitive. I am ready to write a check but not wanting to pay more than I need. $15,400 is best new price on 2019 I have found. 2018 are getting rare locally eastern Iowa.

P

Penny1

Jul 8, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Following closely. Exact situation here. Iowa dealers not willing to be price competitive. I am ready to write a check but not wanting to pay more than I need. $15,400 is best new price on 2019 I have found. 2018 are getting rare locally eastern Iowa.
Lowest quote I've gotten was 14053 before taxes for a 2018 deluxe out of Missouri.
I agree, seems like iowa dealers aren't close, i can drive a few hours for $2000+

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lowest quote I've gotten was 14053 before taxes for a 2018 deluxe out of Missouri.
I agree, seems like iowa dealers aren't close, i can drive a few hours for $2000+
Does this forum let us PM offline? we need to get together x2 pricing... Holzhauer in Illinois just got back to me with $14,280 OTD + tax. where did you get best at?

P

Penny1

Jul 8, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does this forum let us PM offline? we need to get together x2 pricing... cin Illinois just got back to me with $14,280 OTD + tax. where did you get best at?
St. Charles Motorsports near St Louis.

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
St. Charles Motorsports near St Louis.
you got a contact you would call back to see if they can do better x 2 ?? I am willing to work on Holzhauer if you are...

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you got a contact you would call back to see if they can do better x 2 ?? I am willing to work on Holzhauer if you are...

Sooo supposedly Holzhauer & Big St Charles are same dealership family - claim they cant do better on machine but discussing gift card/dealer bucks etc... Penny 1 how serious are you? Abernathy's was like $13,600 in earlier posts but didnt give me that price and I cant drive there for $400

P

Penny1

Jul 8, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yea i would be willing to run it by him, i have been texting him back and forth over the last couple days. Worst he could say is no.
Sooo supposedly Holzhauer & Big St Charles are same dealership family - claim they cant do better on machine but discussing gift card/dealer bucks etc... Penny 1 how serious are you? Abernathy's was like $13,600 in earlier posts but didnt give me that price and I cant drive there for $400

I'd be willing to run it by the guy i have been working with.

I serious about buying. I had been holding off on purchasing, waiting on getting the storage shed that i will use to store it built and delivered. I'm probably a couple weeks from having that done but if the deal is right id be fine parking my truck in the drive way until its ready!

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea i would be willing to run it by him, i have been texting him back and forth over the last couple days. Worst he could say is no.

I'd be willing to run it by the guy i have been working with.

I serious about buying. I had been holding off on purchasing, waiting on getting the storage shed that i will use to store it built and delivered. I'm probably a couple weeks from having that done but if the deal is right id be fine parking my truck in the drive way until its ready!
I spoke with Blake @ St. Charles thats who give me the info above - he stuck with $14,053 could give us each a $50 gift card and 10% off accessories. Perhaps if you contact your guy and it gets to the Sales Manager they will know we are serious buyers - I am off to Wisconsin on motorcycle trip shortly and will probably not have regular phone service but will check back when I can. direct 319-530-7078. Where in Iowa are you.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello All!

Any opinions on whether to buy new or used? Not sure if there are any physical difference between 2016 to 2018 A couple units I'm looking at would be

2016 Deluxe (w/roof and lightbars) with less than 1000 miles and 60 hours, listed at 13000 but its private party so i can save a bunch on taxes and the seller is flexible with price. What would be a good offer/price?

If this is a Pioneer 5 deluxe with all of the recalls complete I'd say that's a pretty good deal. I bought basically the same thing with roof and street kit with extended warranty...paid $11,500 a year ago. Offer $10,000 and go with whatever you both are comfortable with.
Use the difference to accessorize to your own liking.

2018 Deluxe New - I'm getting pricing around 14500 plus tax out the door with no accessories.

This is also not a bad deal, it's brand new. Here in AZ a year old unit on the floor goes for $14,500 plus 10% for tax, title & lic. But then you have to deal with all the warranty kinks etc.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello All!

If this is a Pioneer 5 deluxe with all of the recalls complete I'd say that's a pretty good deal. I bought basically the same thing with roof and street kit with extended warranty...paid $11,500 a year ago. Offer $10,000 and go with whatever you both are comfortable with.
Use the difference to accessorize to your own liking

N

Nickanto

May 29, 2019
Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I spoke with Blake @ St. Charles thats who give me the info above - he stuck with $14,053 could give us each a $50 gift card and 10% off accessories. Perhaps if you contact your guy and it gets to the Sales Manager they will know we are serious buyers - I am off to Wisconsin on motorcycle trip shortly and will probably not have regular phone service but will check back when I can. direct 319-530-7078. Where in Iowa are you.

This is the price they were very firm with when I purchased last month. I think I talked them down a 100$ after a lot of back and forth. This is the "financed" price as well. I wanted to just write a check, but they wanted 500$ more for paying cash. I ended up financing and just paying off to save the 500$.

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the price they were very firm with when I purchased last month. I think I talked them down a 100$ after a lot of back and forth. This is the "financed" price as well. I wanted to just write a check, but they wanted 500$ more for paying cash. I ended up financing and just paying off to save the 500$.
Yup they wouldn't budge even after we tried playing "what if we buy 2 game" they didnt care. $14,053 for the unit no other fees except my state tax... Pick it up Saturday - Yay. finally done with dealers and price shopping.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I'm in iowa. Send me a PM and I can hook you up. Most in iowa arent willing to deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm in iowa. Send me a PM and I can hook you up. Most in iowa arent willing to deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I am all set I guess bit the bullet and made the drive to Missouri for my ride - its in my garage now getting goodies added as they arrive :D
Would have much rather spent my money closer to home and felt like I was supporting a dealer that I may have to get service from at some point but they must not care about back end of business either!

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I am all set I guess bit the bullet and made the drive to Missouri for my ride - its in my garage now getting goodies added as they arrive :D
Would have much rather spent my money closer to home and felt like I was supporting a dealer that I may have to get service from at some point but they must not care about back end of business either!

I’m with you! Picking up mine tomorrow morning. Drove 700 miles today to get it. I shopped the dealers at home for months. I have bought bikes or atvs from 3 different local dealerships. The biggest one, the sales manager said he’d match any deal I could find. Showed him a price and he said “I don’t want that deal”. I would have been happy to pay $500 more than what I bought. But they wouldn’t even counter. I’ll have probly $350 in fuel plus a $100 hotel room. If the trip home goes well, I’ll have saved a ton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!