BOX1

P1000 Stinger?

S

Semaj3

Jun 1, 2020
US
I'm getting ready to do my dual battery install. I ordered the on-off-on switch from the store and like the diagram. Does the positive feed for pin 6 come from the main battery or the auxiliary battery? Or could it come from the auxiliary fuse box? I have found so much great info on this site, thanks to all who have posted.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm getting ready to do my dual battery install. I ordered the on-off-on switch from the store and like the diagram. Does the positive feed for pin 6 come from the main battery or the auxiliary battery? Or could it come from the auxiliary fuse box? I have found so much great info on this site, thanks to all who have posted.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk
2nd battery. The second fuse box won’t have power until the switch signals the the stinger to open up.

Reactions: ACfixer and Lady01
S

Semaj3

Jun 1, 2020
US
Thanks. That's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And personally I have already had some minor trouble with the Stinger brand relay even in mild ambient temps. I'd go ahead and get the marine grade Cole Hersee model suggested in the first post. It's an extra $20, and you'll be lighting your cigar with $20 bills by the time your project is done anyway.

The only thing I have my ACC terminal powering is the street legal harness (blinkers and hazards) and everything else comes from the second battery fusebox.

H

Honda_Dave

Apr 8, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why do you use a stinger between the battery and fuse panel instead of going directly to the fuse panel?

I don't remember seeing an answer to this question. I'm installing a fuse panel this weekend and I have a switch in the dash that activates all the accessories currently hooked to my 2nd battery. Can't I use that switch to energize the fuse box, which in turn powers all my accessories? Clearly I'm not an electrician.....

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't remember seeing an answer to this question. I'm installing a fuse panel this weekend and I have a switch in the dash that activates all the accessories currently hooked to my 2nd battery. Can't I use that switch to energize the fuse box, which in turn powers all my accessories? Clearly I'm not an electrician.....

So everything powers down when you turn the key or master switch off. You could go direct, won't hurt a darn thing unless you accidentally leave something on and it runs the battery down.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am I the only one who read the title and thought "hey a bale poker is a great idea!"

• Haha
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!