All5Hondas

Always Honda
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2019
Mountains
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hi there,
My question is regarding the driver side seat belt discomfort....at least for me. I am not going to be replacing belts anytime soon, so need to make this work.

Shoulder belts are not comfortable due to the fact that I broke my collarbone left side several years ago and it glued itself back crooked. At 5' tall, the seat belt rubs exactly where the break is. I have tried several methods of padding in other vehicles. In the Talon, there is no "play" so the tension is always tight.

Is there some kind of adjustment so I can back it off just enough to be comfortable yet still safe? In an automobile, you can move the shoulder belt for padding etc. But the Talon is so tight I cannot budge it.

Thanks!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi there,
My question is regarding the driver side seat belt discomfort....at least for me. I am not going to be replacing belts anytime soon, so need to make this work.

Shoulder belts are not comfortable due to the fact that I broke my collarbone left side several years ago and it glued itself back crooked. At 5' tall, the seat belt rubs exactly where the break is. I have tried several methods of padding in other vehicles. In the Talon, there is no "play" so the tension is always tight.

Is there some kind of adjustment so I can back it off just enough to be comfortable yet still safe? In an automobile, you can move the shoulder belt for padding etc. But the Talon is so tight I cannot budge it.

Thanks!
Just me, but I would run it UNDER my armpit if it was too uncomfortable otherwise.

All5Hondas

All5Hondas

Always Honda
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2019
Mountains
Ownership

1. Talon X
LOL ...... I assumed you were a man.
That's okay, another guy told me to do that too, works for him, but.....
I think I am just wondering why there is no slack like in auto belts, mine is too tight, no play or give whatsoever. Thought maybe there is an adjustment I don't know about.

Reactions: Mudwing and BigOL3
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!