CGD

CGD

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I saw this thread on here but never received a notice from my dealer or Honda about the recall. Does that mean that my 2020 P1K5 isn't affected by this or should I buy the parts anyway ?

Reactions: TxDoc and ch33br0h
Paulie86314

Paulie86314

Apr 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had my joint replacement done earlier this year Honda notified me of the recall on this

Reactions: TxDoc
ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw this thread on here but never received a notice from my dealer or Honda about the recall. Does that mean that my 2020 P1K5 isn't affected by this or should I buy the parts anyway ?
guess it depends on your comfort level.
if you follow the PDF and the video you can do a very fast check on your own and then order parts if needed.

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
CGD

CGD

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I'm not too worried about actually doing the work. I was just wondering if maybe mine wasn't affected by the recall since I hadn't been notified.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you were close to us we would do this while you wait.
No dealer should be that busy.

Thanks man. I scheduled early summer and at the time they told me if it needed the work it would probably be about a week for parts to come in and I ended up having something come up and had to cancel and just never rescheduled. I will call to see if by chance they have the parts in house and if so will drop it off. Just dont want to get it broke down and need parts and then all of a sudden they be on back order like everything else in the goofy world we are all in right now

H

HondaTech

Thanks man. I scheduled early summer and at the time they told me if it needed the work it would probably be about a week for parts to come in and I ended up having something come up and had to cancel and just never rescheduled. I will call to see if by chance they have the parts in house and if so will drop it off. Just dont want to get it broke down and need parts and then all of a sudden they be on back order like everything else in the goofy world we are all in right now

We keep atleast 10 joints and 30 bolts/washers in stock at all times.

Any dealer who doesn't stock recall parts, especially for a recall this size is just stupid.

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Knuckle, bolts and washers arrived this morning,
Full on OCD reviewing this thread, the PDF and the video for the last 4 weeks!
I was super prepared!

Took me longer to learn how to use my torque wrench than the time it took for me to get the new parts in.

big thank you to all the amazing people that continue to share info here!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Knuckle, bolts and washers arrived this morning,
Full on OCD reviewing this thread, the PDF and the video for the last 4 weeks!
I was super prepared!

Took me longer to learn how to use my torque wrench than the time it took for me to get the new parts in.

big thank you to all the amazing people that continue to share info here!
Make sure you check this over the next few rides. I used a torque wrench as well, but the spec was near the bottom of the range, which may have affected the accuracy. A ride or two and there was a touch of slop on the splines (may have always been there). After that I said screw the torque wrench and just hit them a regular wrench and some muscle. No more play since.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
We keep at least 10 joints and 30 bolts/washers in stock at all times.

Any dealer who doesn't stock recall parts, especially for a recall this size is just stupid.

Update...

My dealer did not keep the parts in (maybe they had the bolts and washers but not fuel pump, not sure on what they had to order), but did tell me last week they would order them and call. Called me on Thursday, I hauled it over Friday morning and it was ready Friday after lunch. Fuel pump and steering recalls checked off.

Gotta give credit to them for following up and doing as they promised. Westside Honda in Evansville IN....good job.

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just found this while seeking information relative to help for my 2016 P1000-5's EPS which without warning quits working as PS occasionally, then just as suddenly begins working again. This can occur as much as miles and days apart, or sometimes within minutes, but most times requires the ignition to be shut off, and let sit for a few minutes before restarting (which does not always work either)...

Plan on pulling the lower bolt for inspection, but thought I'd ask here for any thoughts of what I should be looking for? Thanks.

H

HondaTech

Just found this while seeking information relative to help for my 2016 P1000-5's EPS which without warning quits working as PS occasionally, then just as suddenly begins working again. This can occur as much as miles and days apart, or sometimes within minutes, but most times requires the ignition to be shut off, and let sit for a few minutes before restarting (which does not always work either)...

Plan on pulling the lower bolt for inspection, but thought I'd ask here for any thoughts of what I should be looking for? Thanks.

Whneit stops working are there any lights on the dash that pop up?

Stock tires? Stock Arms?

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Without pulling codes, it would be hard to tell. But the recall isnt the issue.

Check battery cables first, then see what codes you have.
I tried that initially, but the cables were tight and clean. However, to be sure, I disconnected both batteries, cleaned terminals and checked them at BOTH ends ... ( I did not find any evidence of oxidation, nor looseness) and re-installed the cables. Issue still pops up occasionally.

Don't have a code reader, so I guess the next step is to take it to a dealer to get codes read...

H

HondaTech

Codes are readable with the 4 pin red connector under the seat.

Short the Green and Brown/Red wires and turn the key on. Watch the EPS light and itll blink.

Long blinks are 10, short is 1.
So 2 long and 5 short would be code 25.

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Codes are readable with the 4 pin red connector under the seat.

Short the Green and Brown/Red wires and turn the key on. Watch the EPS light and itll blink.

Long blinks are 10, short is 1.
So 2 long and 5 short would be code 25.
Thanks for that info. Will futz with it tomorrow... ;) I will search the site to see if there is a code explanation sheet here... ;)

Travis R

Travis R

Sep 26, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The steering broke on my 2016 Pioneer 1000-3 EPS tonight and after reading this thread, I’m 100% confident this recall is the problem. All I can say is THANK GOD I was going in slow in reverse when the steering gave out!!

The u-joint/knuckle assembly spins freely on the steering shaft!

How do I go about getting this fixed? What should I tell my local dealer? I bought the side x side used from an individual. Should I call Honda first?

THANK YOU to whoever posted this thread, THANK GOD I wasn’t driving and wrecked when the steering broke, and THANK GOD for Hondasxs.com!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!