P1000 Stop Sale all '16-'19 P1K

HondaTech

Working For Mother Honda!!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
pioneer1k-stop.png

Just dropped this morning.

Throttle pedal pivot could get corroded and stick causing a stuck throttle issue. Service Bulletin to be released around March 25th.

Last edited by a moderator:
box4

HondaTech

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
Think this will turn into a recall? Or just a service bulletin for the techs?
If they issued a stop sale, I would believe it is safety related and they will do a recall.
Its gonna be a recall, no doubt. I say theyll be replacing the pivot bolt and maybe even the pedal with an updated one.

Plumber32

Roads? Where were going we don't need any roads.
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1000-5

Throttle pedal pivot could get corroded and stick causing a stuck throttle issue. Service Bulletin to be released around March 25th.
what's the fix? New spring?

Reactions: BWAF

JACKAL

Ancient Guru
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1000-5

Thanks for the heads up. I venture to guess this a systematic issue from the group of owners who like to ride in mud and water up to their ball sack.

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1000-5
Thanks for the heads up. I venture to guess this a systematic issue from the group of owners who like to ride in mud and water up to their ball sack.
This was going on with mine a couple months in, I tried panther piss and added some hose to put more on the spring. The shop in Hattiesburg did my first service and the tweaked on it some for nothing and I haven’t had problems lately

box4

JACKAL

Ancient Guru
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1000-5
This was going on with mine a couple months in, I tried panther piss and added some hose to put more on the spring. The shop in Hattiesburg did my first service and the tweaked on it some for nothing and I haven’t had problems lately
Do you happen to ride in deep water often?

Reactions: BWAF

HondaTech

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
2 weeks of not being able to sell has got to hurt the bottom line?
That's when the bulletin drops, lord knows when parts are available.

We're still waiting for parts for generator recall that was issued at the beginning of February.

CLS

Aug 26, 2018
Az
Ownership

1000-5
Luckily no. In Az the boiling over was more of a stressor but the Burp has been holding since last summer. I still leave the display on the temp screen. With few exceptions we never get over 8% humidity much less standing water.

Reactions: Hawk53 and BWAF

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1000-3
I am still waiting to get into shop in Covington LA for the heat shield and the throttle issues. No repair techs Only have one for shop. was supposed to be fit in since Nov. then before spring some time. Guess i will have a stack for them to do when i get it into shop.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!