P1000 Recall - all '16-'19 P1K

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I bet if you moved the shock mounts out farther than lowered the ones on the frame that thing would handle awesome. That's if it doesn't handle well already

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
it depends on who wants what the stock shocks have alot of sag with extened arms but kits with different shocks are set up.... well.... different lol . that pic is with 32s

H

HondaTech

@HondaTech question for you.
How does the stop sale affect servicing existing customer units?
If someone has theirs in for an oil change, can you release it back to them while the stop sale is in effect? Or do you have to hold it hostage until it is fixed?

We make them aware of the recall, and we have a temporary inspection and procedure to clean and grease the pivot until the parts arrive to replace.

But we cant hold the unit for any reason, it's yours and we cant keep it from you. But we also cant refuse to fix a recall if requested either.

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We make them aware of the recall, and we have a temporary inspection and procedure to clean and grease the pivot until the parts arrive to replace.

But we cant hold the unit for any reason, it's yours and we cant keep it from you. But we also cant refuse to fix a recall if requested either.

Do you know when the parts will ship to dealers? Anxiously waiting to buy...

H

HondaTech

Do you know when the parts will ship to dealers? Anxiously waiting to buy...

We have no idea at this point. Their suppose to send letters out again when parts are available. Supposedly they should allocate parts for new units based on inventory. But again we have no idea when.

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We have no idea at this point. Their suppose to send letters out again when parts are available. Supposedly they should allocate parts for new units based on inventory. But again we have no idea when.
Thank you!!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
how about units paid for and waiting to get picked up!!!

H

HondaTech

how about units paid for and waiting to get picked up!!!

Any in inventory units cant be released until they are repaired with new parts, unless Honda is willing to work something out with the dealer.

We haven't sold any 1000s since the recall dropped. We had 2 that were on the fence, but we worked some stuff around to get them out the door.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Has Honda officially changed this from a stop sale to a recall?

WOT-Outdoors

WOT-Outdoors

Supporting Member
Mar 26, 2019
Rochester NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Spoke to dealer and parts have been shipped. Should be able to pick up this Saturday.
If that's the case I better fix my POS quick. New york state salt is no joke. Turns a truck into rust in less than ten years 1b20f19b3e841cb34c3f5a6f71a65253

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

T

Tsmith239

Sep 4, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
My dealer said the same. Should be good next week for pickup......so for the next 2 weeks I will be in the barn installing a “few” parts I’ve been gathering.

Reactions: WOT-Outdoors
M

Markkids3

Mar 31, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer said the same. Should be good next week for pickup......so for the next 2 weeks I will be in the barn installing a “few” parts I’ve been gathering.
What state are you in? I’m waiting on a new 1000-5 but never given a time really. Just told hope to get parts mid April. My dealer has 20 new units sold just sitting in storage

Reactions: jak9922
S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What state are you in? I’m waiting on a new 1000-5 but never given a time really. Just told hope to get parts mid April. My dealer has 20 new units sold just sitting in storage
I’m in North Carolina.

T

Tsmith239

Sep 4, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Ohio

H

HondaTech

Has Honda officially changed this from a stop sale to a recall?

The stop sale is the precursor to a recall. Tje stop sale is just put out to alert us there is a recall coming but they either dont have it ready to release or parts arent available yet.

But yes this is recall and you guys will get another notice

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
i will build my own bracket lol i just want my new work toy to cut up

T

Tsmith239

Sep 4, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Tsmith are you waiting for one from Ohio? I've got one waiting in Toledo, hoping mine will be ready by next weekend also!
Yes I’ve got one waiting at Honda of Toledo.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!