Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 114186

Just dropped this morning.

Throttle pedal pivot could get corroded and stick causing a stuck throttle issue. Service Bulletin to be released around March 25th.
That fits in with his signature nicely.
Maybe this is an attempt to push sales of the Talon, especially with some dealers getting them this week?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Man..
If I go to the dealer and they have a talon... IDK. It might end up on the trailer.

Do it doit the temptation flow throu you 14016665

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, I hadn't thought seriously about a 1000 until last night. Been drooling over the Talon, but not sure I could do without a bed and and extra seat for my little girl. Saw a red 1000-3 EPS priced for $12,399 a few hours away from where I lived. That kinda got me interested. Alot more power than my 700 and a bed and room for the three of us. I've set a work this morning pricing must have accessories online to see what my total investment would be. After some calculating, I figured I'd give them a call and make sure they still had one and maybe try to swing it and I get the 'no sale' thrown back at me.... hahaha Whattayado?
Ya I was wouldn’t give up my Pioneer for anything but that’s because of seating. The Talon will be for something else:cool:

Reactions: BWAF and chadbo
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh awesome congratulations!! Really like that yellow. Did you do good on your other?
Were going to sell it privately. I was a little worried about having trouble selling it with about 5000 miles on it, but we have a bunch of people that say they are interested. They all say, it's a honda so miles won't matter. We'll see.

And the yellow I think is leaving. I ordered the silver panels like Jackal posted on his 1000-5 build. My wife sent a picture of the yellow to her dad, that just picked one up a few months ago and he said he really like the yellow, so we might have got rid of those too. I said I could learn to like the yellow, but the wife said she couldn't.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Were going to sell it privately. I was a little worried about having trouble selling it with about 5000 miles on it, but we have a bunch of people that say they are interested. They all say, it's a honda so miles won't matter. We'll see.

And the yellow I think is leaving. I ordered the silver panels like Jackal posted on his 1000-5 build. My wife sent a picture of the yellow to her dad, that just picked one up a few months ago and he said he really like the yellow, so we might have got rid of those too. I said I could learn to like the yellow, but the wife said she couldn't.
Well the silver looks good too. I would’ve thought I’d hate the yellow but first one I saw in showroom I kinda fell for.
Ya 5k is a lot on many Sxs’ but not crippling on Honda. In fact we looked hard at buying used this last one but nothing around. People don’t come off thier Honda’s as often.
Well shoot that’s good news though very cool. Still want to make it down your way sometime soon!

H

HondaTech

Well the silver looks good too. I would’ve thought I’d hate the yellow but first one I saw in showroom I kinda fell for.
Ya 5k is a lot on many Sxs’ but not crippling on Honda. In fact we looked hard at buying used this last one but nothing around. People don’t come off thier Honda’s as often.
Well shoot that’s good news though very cool. Still want to make it down your way sometime soon!

I had 2 customers at my old dealership with over 6k a piece on a couple 3 seaters. This was before the clutch update and never had a clutch replaced on either.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Think this will turn into a recall? Or just a service bulletin for the techs?
If they issued a stop sale, I would believe it is safety related and they will do a recall.
Just talked to our Honda service dept. manager and they got the same notice this morning and he said it was going to be a recall. Honda is doing a great job of improving existing and new S x S's! He also said by the end of the week, should know when parts will be available .

Reactions: BWAF
H

HondaTech

Just talked to our Honda service dept. manager and they got the same notice this morning and he said it was going to be a recall. Honda is doing a great job of improving existing and new S x S's! He also said by the end of the week, should know when parts will be available .

Suppose to be allocated parts based on inventory, but supply is limited atm.

They dont think parts will be open order till mid April.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you very much and after all your success and the few failures of the 1000 we were ready to upgrade. I would like to do the same and come up north and see that part of the state. I will definitely wait til the snow subsides.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you very much and after all your success and the few failures of the 1000 we were ready to upgrade. I would like to do the same and come up north and see that part of the state. I will definitely wait til the snow subsides.
Let's all meet at @CumminsPusher house, hope he has a big water heater and good septic system! HA!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!