Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why would you do preventative maintenance like that?!? Ha! I don't blame you for keep it clean and lubricated.
Had it freeze up last year. Went to Walmart and ask for a syringe. Man I got the look! I explained I was injecting iso heat in my throttle cable on my ATV. It works. But I've never been so scared to stab myself!

Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the heads up just got my 1000 last week haven't been out with it yet, I'll just take it back and have them fix it

Reactions: Plumber32
C

ctark

Mar 10, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just purchased a 2018 1000-5 LE on Saturday but I haven't taken possession of it yet. Filled out all the paper work and the only thing pending was to see if my bank was going to roll the accessories into the loan or not. I'm hoping since the paper work was already done before the stop sale that I won't have to wait. Oh and hi, I'm new around here! I've been wanting one of these machines for the past 3 or 4 years and i finally got one!

H

HondaTech

I just purchased a 2018 1000-5 LE on Saturday but I haven't taken possession of it yet. Filled out all the paper work and the only thing pending was to see if my bank was going to roll the accessories into the loan or not. I'm hoping since the paper work was already done before the stop sale that I won't have to wait. Oh and hi, I'm new around here! I've been wanting one of these machines for the past 3 or 4 years and i finally got one!

That's sort of a gray area. If the unit had been funded by Honda Finance already then it would be considered sold and you be in the clear.

Not sure how outside finance goes, I believe since the dealer hadn't registered the sale with Honda tho might not be able to take possession of it.

You may have them call Techline or their district service manager and see what they can do about it.

Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just left the Honda dealer they told me they cant order the replacement parts until March 25th, and the want my machine in there service dept before they order it ,asked how long to get the part in they said 10 days maybe longer since everyone going to want that part and it may take 30days to get it so they said dont drive your side by side and bring it to us on the 25th and were going to hold on to it for a month.
WTF really
View attachment 114186

Just dropped this morning.

Throttle pedal pivot could get corroded and stick causing a stuck throttle issue. Service Bulletin to be released around March 25th.

Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's sort of a gray area. If the unit had been funded by Honda Finance already then it would be considered sold and you be in the clear.

Not sure how outside finance goes, I believe since the dealer hadn't registered the sale with Honda tho might not be able to take possession of it.

You may have them call Techline or their district service manager and see what they can do about it.

I'm in the same boat just bought mine brought it home last Thursday so now I cant use it have to wait to get it fixed which could take till the end of April but they want there 1st payment March 9th hmm. I got to call them and b****.

Reactions: JTW and gch1911
H

HondaTech

I wouldn't worry about it honestly, I've never seen or heard of 1 sticking.

Just keep it lubricated if your iffy about the situation. My GM has over 2K miles on his and it's never stuck. Another good customer has over 3600 miles and it's never messed up either. Both of then driven in whatever terrain very often.

C

ctark

Mar 10, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Looks like they wont release it to me until they get it fixed. At first they said it shouldn't be a problem but then they came back later and said the service department wants to keep it until its fixed. This is a huge bummer because I was hoping to pull my sprayer around the yard before all the weeds started coming up. I hope it doesn't take too long to get that part in.

Reactions: Pilgrim and sharp
W

Wolf1340

Mar 5, 2019
Alberta,Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
Was told same thing when I went to dealer this morning to buy one. They said they have to wait for service bulletin. Might be able to just inspect and lube for now. Replace when parts are available.

Reactions: sharp
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Were going to sell it privately. I was a little worried about having trouble selling it with about 5000 miles on it, but we have a bunch of people that say they are interested. They all say, it's a honda so miles won't matter. We'll see.

And the yellow I think is leaving. I ordered the silver panels like Jackal posted on his 1000-5 build. My wife sent a picture of the yellow to her dad, that just picked one up a few months ago and he said he really like the yellow, so we might have got rid of those too. I said I could learn to like the yellow, but the wife said she couldn't.
Just do what some dealers in Florida do: swap out the dashboard and zero miles! That's a true story Kay!

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wouldn't worry about it honestly, I've never seen or heard of 1 sticking.

Just keep it lubricated if your iffy about the situation. My GM has over 2K miles on his and it's never stuck. Another good customer has over 3600 miles and it's never messed up either. Both of then driven in whatever terrain very often.
I have over 1,200 miles on one and 380 on the other and no problem. They both ride in deeper water most of the time.

Reactions: sharp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!