BOX1

P1000 Recall - all '16-'19 P1K

Cecilthelion

Cecilthelion

Oct 2, 2018
Brooklet GA.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't worry about it honestly, I've never seen or heard of 1 sticking.

Just keep it lubricated if your iffy about the situation. My GM has over 2K miles on his and it's never stuck. Another good customer has over 3600 miles and it's never messed up either. Both of then driven in whatever terrain very often.
I have a 2017 limited excursion with just over 3700 miles with no issue. Ride trails, water holes and mud holes.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I sent an email to my dealer demanding that I take it home Friday regardless of whether they have fixed the recall issue or not. I bought before the stop sale so I'm not sure they can actually stop me from taking possession of my vehicle. I'm taking it back in a month to have some mods installed so they can do the recall stuff then.
So you picked it up?

Reactions: sharp
C

ctark

Mar 10, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you picked it up?
Unfortunately no. They said they did not register the warranty with Honda so as far as Honda is concerned I do not own it, even though I have all the paper work. My first payment on this machine is in a week so I’m pretty sure I own it. If I wanted to push the issue I could probably take it. He offered to deliver it since I’m having surgery soon. I’m pretty annoyed by this whole thing. I’m going to miss the window on spraying my lawn by over a month.

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
H

HondaTech

Unfortunately no. They said they did not register the warranty with Honda so as far as Honda is concerned I do not own it, even though I have all the paper work. My first payment on this machine is in a week so I’m pretty sure I own it. If I wanted to push the issue I could probably take it. He offered to deliver it since I’m having surgery soon. I’m pretty annoyed by this whole thing. I’m going to miss the window on spraying my lawn by over a month.

If you have paperwork showing you signed for the vehicle before the stop sale was released then they shouldnt be able to keep you from taking it.

Their just trying to save their ass with Honda by not having to make up an excuse as to why they haven't warranty registered it yet.

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
G

Gabejosie

Feb 14, 2019
MICHIGAN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have paperwork showing you signed for the vehicle before the stop sale was released then they shouldnt be able to keep you from taking it.

Their just trying to save their ass with Honda by not having to make up an excuse as to why they haven't warranty registered it yet.
I saw a website that said parts were going to be shipped out expecting mid april, wonder if that's accurate. I am inpatient, especially when michigan gives a sunny day and has weather that dosent freeze your flesh lol

WOT-Outdoors

WOT-Outdoors

Supporting Member
Mar 26, 2019
Rochester NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I saw a website that said parts were going to be shipped out expecting mid april, wonder if that's accurate. I am inpatient, especially when michigan gives a sunny day and has weather that dosent freeze your flesh lol

Agreed im in upstate NY doing yard work thinking "man it sure would nice if I had my pioneer" but instead I have to use my wheel borrow.

H

HondaTech

We still haven't gotten the actual bulletin yet, and it was suppose to be out the 25th.

So we dont know anything yet either.

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Still waiting to buy. Have owners been notified by Honda to stop driving or anything about the recall?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Still waiting to buy. Have owners been notified by Honda to stop driving or anything about the recall?
Honda notified me before the first recall came out to quit driving ours! HA!

T

Tsmith239

Sep 4, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
My patience is being tested. Waiting to pick up a new 1000-5 deluxe and can’t. Yet all my parts are showing up and all I want to do is get out there and start the build. . Anyone heard any updates on parts?

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My patience is being tested. Waiting to pick up a new 1000-5 deluxe and can’t. Yet all my parts are showing up and all I want to do is get out there and start the build. . Anyone heard any updates on parts?
Me too!! I keep calling Honda and no word yet. Debating on another machine now.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Me too!! I keep calling Honda and no word yet. Debating on another machine now.
It will happen quick, dealers have sold units sitting in the show rooms waiting on a $ 1.00 bolt, they will get them fixed first and can crank out a bunch of them in one day and then the rest of use will be taken care of later! The good thing is Honda is taking care of there small and large issues, not too many MGF's do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and Tsmith239
T

Tsmith239

Sep 4, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
It will happen quick, dealers have sold units sitting in the show rooms waiting on a $ 1.00 bolt, they will get them fixed first and can crank out a bunch of them in one day and then the rest of use will be taken care of later! The good thing is Honda is taking care of there small and large issues, not too many MGF's do that.
Good points. Just sad to see the 700 leave yesterday when the 1000 isn’t here yet. The parts are piling up quick and I’m ready to get wrenching.

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My dealer told me that they expect parts to arrive between april 3rd and 5th. Hope I get to pick up by the 8th. I guess I'm 1 of 7 who are waiting to pick up their new rig at my dealer

What state are you in?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!