P1000 Stranded, Need Help

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, not far from home, need to wait for the wife to get home to tow it back with the tractor. My 2018 100Se quit. It will start and isle but when I try to put it in gear it dies. I can start it in P or N, but it will not start in a gear even when pressing down on the brake. It cranks, but no start. This machine has 39 hours and 80 miles on it. I'm not feeling the love. Any advice please!!
I own a pioneer 500. Was thinking of trading up to 1000. After reading issues on the 1000, think I am having 2nd thoughts. What's up with the honda reliability?

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't assume grounds are tight. Put a wrench / socket on every one. One Hand tight. Mine spun 2 turns on one and 1 full turn on engine lower ground. Haven't had an issue with anything since.

Reactions: TripleB
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I own a pioneer 500. Was thinking of trading up to 1000. After reading issues on the 1000, think I am having 2nd thoughts. What's up with the honda reliability?
I wouldn’t be too concerned. granted your 500 is as reliable as an axe, the 1000 is more complex and will be more prone to issues, but those issues are still much less of a problem than competing brands. Yes, there are pre disposed issues that if you are aware of early in the process, you’ll be fine.
1.Good battery charge on primary battery is a must.
2. The injector leads have a durability problem. Get a spare at the forum store.
3. vent lines.
4. fix cab heat issues.
5. Its not a U-Boat.

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Might try disconnecting accessories one at a time to see if they are causing the blown fuse.

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Might try disconnecting accessories one at a time to see if they are causing the blown fuse.
All my accesories are on an isolated circuit, I disconnected the main with no affect. It's at the dealer now, my suspicion is the PCM. We'll see.

H

HondaTech

Most common problems with the P1K are lack of dealer set-up and pdi being done properly and by someone who cares about the customer. We rarely have any issues with any of the units we sell. Loose battery cables, cable adjustment and other things are dealer related issues that should be handled before you ever touch your machine.

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, here is the update, I checked everything I could without success and brought it in to the dealer 2 weeks ago. They determined that the PCM was fried. Covered under warranty but the dealer said that because I have accesories Honda most likely would not cover a second event. I do not see how my accessories would contribute since they are all isolated from the main electrical system. I am more inclined to believe it is a water related issue. I pick the Pioneer up in about an hour and will try to get a look at the electrical connections to how water resistant they are. I'll also be searching though here to find some information on waterproofing.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Ok, here is the update, I checked everything I could without success and brought it in to the dealer 2 weeks ago. They determined that the PCM was fried. Covered under warranty but the dealer said that because I have accesories Honda most likely would not cover a second event. I do not see how my accessories would contribute since they are all isolated from the main electrical system. I am more inclined to believe it is a water related issue. I pick the Pioneer up in about an hour and will try to get a look at the electrical connections to how water resistant they are. I'll also be searching though here to find some information on waterproofing.
Dielectric grease in all of your connections.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!