BOX1

P1000 Super ATV control arm ball joint

L

LW315

Aug 29, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would love input from those of you that have purchased the super atv arched a arms. Did you go ahead with their pre installed heavy duty ball joints? Worth the funds?

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i kept the stock ball joints.
had a local shop swap them for me.
so far so good, but only a few hundred miles on them.

Reactions: Isaiah
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
I run the stock ball joints and they are fine. I even run them with my portals and have no had no issues. If one goes bad it is $15 to replace for OEM. Keller seems to be the go to if you want super strong ones.

Reactions: Isaiah
K

KansasBoys

Jul 12, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would love input from those of you that have purchased the super atv arched a arms. Did you go ahead with their pre installed heavy duty ball joints? Worth the funds?

I have a 2018, the previous owner upgraded A-Arms, axles and ball joints it had 781 miles on it. The first 25 mile I put on it I heard a pop and pulled in the driveway and found a broken lower left ball joint. So, I looked at the Super ATV Ball Joints to order and realized that’s the kind that actually broke. I don’t know the skills of the previous owner so I figured the failure may have been from an over torqued ball joints when installed. So, I ordered all new ones from Honda. During the removal of the other Super ATV lower ball joint, it broke while I was pulling the cotter key… Two failed ball joints? so I will probably stick with Honda. A Hardened, Double the strength ball joint sounds good but I rather bend a ball joint than shear one. This has only been my experience

IMG 6419 IMG 6559 1

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a 2018, the previous owner upgraded A-Arms, axles and ball joints it had 781 miles on it. The first 25 mile I put on it I heard a pop and pulled in the driveway and found a broken lower left ball joint. So, I looked at the Super ATV Ball Joints to order and realized that’s the kind that actually broke. I don’t know the skills of the previous owner so I figured the failure may have been from an over torqued ball joints when installed. So, I ordered all new ones from Honda. During the removal of the other Super ATV lower ball joint, it broke while I was pulling the cotter key… Two failed ball joints? so I will probably stick with Honda. A Hardened, Double the strength ball joint sounds good but I rather bend a ball joint than shear one. This has only been my experience

View attachment 224371 View attachment 224372
Have to watch Super ATV in my humble opinion! Never have made my ungreasable a arms right with me, black eye for sure!

Reactions: Biteme and Isaiah
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
You know, you fellas can contact me right here right here if you have any issues where there could be a quality concern...outside of just beating the hell out of something. Just shoot me a PM. I need to know this stuff if you have an issue.

BTW...we updated the ball joint design, and there were a few that were caught in the middle of the update. We now use nylock nuts instead of regular castle nuts. Seems to be where the industry is going now. We have yet to warranty any of the newer style with the shorter stud and nylock nuts.

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have to watch Super ATV in my humble opinion! Never have made my ungreasable a arms right with me, black eye for sure!
What issues did you have? I was look it at a set of their high clearance +1.5 for the front and rear.

Reactions: Jdtc and Biteme
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the SATV ball joints on mine for the last 3 years and no issues. We have washboard City here in Michigan and they’ve held up very well. It’s all how you take care of them as well

S

slinky750

Dec 1, 2018
Rouses Point NY
i had both upper and lower ball joints break on the driver side this weekend! left me stranded 10 miles off the road... 3 hours from our hotel. in the process of trying to get off the trail i tore a brake line and broke a tie rod. I believe my axle on that side is damaged to the point of replacement. Ive had one email reply from SuperATV since monday just asking me about which ball joints broke... i sent them pictures.. and explained more about what happened and asked what they'd do about the rest of the damage.... crickets.... I've had these on since may and about 600 miles on them.. no reason they should have failed in that amount of time!

Reactions: SuperATV and Isaiah
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i had both upper and lower ball joints break on the driver side this weekend! left me stranded 10 miles off the road... 3 hours from our hotel. in the process of trying to get off the trail i tore a brake line and broke a tie rod. I believe my axle on that side is damaged to the point of replacement. Ive had one email reply from SuperATV since monday just asking me about which ball joints broke... i sent them pictures.. and explained more about what happened and asked what they'd do about the rest of the damage.... crickets.... I've had these on since may and about 600 miles on them.. no reason they should have failed in that amount of time!
PM @SuperATV if you need to light a fire under someone to help you out.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!