clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t think you’ll regret making it work. I can’t imagine not having a flip up .

G

G1Eagle

Feb 10, 2019
Gardendale, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered one yesterday afternoon. Just got notice from UPS that it’ll be delivered today. Thumbs up to Super ATV.

Any tips on install, other than grease between the clamps and ROPS that was mentioned earlier?

Also, can i still tow my rig at interstate speeds with the windshield on?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I ordered one yesterday afternoon. Just got notice from UPS that it’ll be delivered today. Thumbs up to Super ATV.

Any tips on install, other than grease between the clamps and ROPS that was mentioned earlier?

Yes latched closed. I have towed mine at least 5000 miles with windshield on.

Reactions: clifforeilly
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Be careful not to strip the threads, use locktite, check bolt tightness after a few rough rides to make sure nothing loosened up.

Towing is a non issue if the machine isn't on the trailer backwards.

Reactions: G1Eagle
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

I have not noticed any squeaking or noise from mine. I don't think I would put grease on the clamps that hold the lower part in place. Once you put that on loosely, you will want to push it down firmly so the gasket compresses against the plastic where it seats, while you tighten the clamp. It took a little work to get it right for me so that the top half would seat correctly against the lower part of the windshield. You will see what I mean...

If you have the honda hard roof, you will probably have to remove the top clamps of the windshield and put them on first before putting on the windshield. The clamps come installed on the windshield brackets. Also, when you are all finished and happy with how it fits, double check the tightness on all the bolts - even the ones that came assembled. After a week or so, the bolts that hold the clamps to the lower half came loose.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just know it is going to be a little bit of a pain to first put on. the Windshield has a ton of adjustment points that you may or may not have to adjust - Once I got mine set I have taken it off and on several times and not ahd to adjust again.

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Appreciate the heads up on the sale! I was planning on waiting until it got cold to buy, but as soon as I saw I could pay through Affirm they had me hooked. I'm a sucker for no interest payment plans haha

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Just know it is going to be a little bit of a pain to first put on. the Windshield has a ton of adjustment points that you may or may not have to adjust - Once I got mine set I have taken it off and on several times and not ahd to adjust again.
And an extra set of hands helping you with the install! It’s a pain in the rump doing it by yourself.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WFOSXS

Did you get it ? Would you be interested in testing this for me ? Hoping to have prototype done end of this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Coming today and should have installed tonight unless work gets bad today. Be glad to test one out for you.

Reactions: clifforeilly

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!