P1000 super atv flip windshield cutting holes in lower panel ?

P

p1k5James

Jun 9, 2018
Birch Run
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has modified the super atv flip windshield to reduce heat issues. I don't like the idea of riding with the top portion fully open at speeds over 30mph, The hard coat upper flexes like crazy and in my opinion is a problem waiting to happen. Most of our riding is on the road so speeds of 40-55 mph are common. Today I took the lower portion of the windshield off , and did a test run of about 5 miles, It was almost perfect, great breeze and no bugs smacking you on the face or eyes watering to the point where you can't see. First thought was to just remove lower panel and use the clamps with a piece of steel to reinforce the top so it doesn't fold in. Second thought was to cut some holes in the lower panel and leave it in tact.Has anyone ever installed a i guess a louver system in the bottom? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: BWAF and swsebek
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed vents in my SATV lower windshield. They have a flip open cover. They are from an Arctic Cat HDX full windshield

IMG 20171222 203617668

Reactions: Bad_bowtie and BWAF
rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed these vents on mine - they do ok but still isn’t enough in my mind
Upload 2018 7 15 22 12 28

Reactions: BWAF
P

p1k5James

Jun 9, 2018
Birch Run
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies, Rubicon that is what I had in mind doing, its unfortunate to hear its not the ultimate fix . Jtw, I don't see how its possible to ride with it open at high speeds, Mine appears to be on the verge of snapping off and blowing over the roof.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has modified the super atv flip windshield to reduce heat issues. I don't like the idea of riding with the top portion fully open at speeds over 30mph, The hard coat upper flexes like crazy and in my opinion is a problem waiting to happen. Most of our riding is on the road so speeds of 40-55 mph are common. Today I took the lower portion of the windshield off , and did a test run of about 5 miles, It was almost perfect, great breeze and no bugs smacking you on the face or eyes watering to the point where you can't see. First thought was to just remove lower panel and use the clamps with a piece of steel to reinforce the top so it doesn't fold in. Second thought was to cut some holes in the lower panel and leave it in tact.Has anyone ever installed a i guess a louver system in the bottom? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Man you need to look at the Armor Tech GLASS windshield, that will lay completely down and get ALL the air you can stand.
ARMORTECH - TOUGHEST ON EARTH Pioneer1s

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Thanks for the replies, Rubicon that is what I had in mind doing, its unfortunate to hear its not the ultimate fix . Jtw, I don't see how its possible to ride with it open at high speeds, Mine appears to be on the verge of snapping off and blowing over the roof.
It has a bow to it but truck on... it’ll be fine!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!