BOX1

Super ATV Flip Windshield

C

CoolGuy

Sep 19, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Purchased a Super ATV Flip Windshield for 2017 1000M5LE. I am having trouble with the fit of the lower windshield. It does not seal properly and I can see daylight under the gasket. I called customer service and they said that is normal. If that is normal what is the gasket for? I didn't pay $450.00 for a windshield that doesn't seal properly . The screws in the kit are the wrong length and i had to replace them at the hardware store. Any advice or help would be welcome. So much for their 5 minute installation video.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Purchased a Super ATV Flip Windshield for 2017 1000M5LE. I am having trouble with the fit of the lower windshield. It does not seal properly and I can see daylight under the gasket. I called customer service and they said that is normal. If that is normal what is the gasket for? I didn't pay $450.00 for a windshield that doesn't seal properly . The screws in the kit are the wrong length and i had to replace them at the hardware store. Any advice or help would be welcome. So much for their 5 minute installation video.
While not perfect, I made the gasket form better by putting it in a pillow case and warming it up in the clothes dryer.

Yes. The screws are too short and a bit of a pain. If they were 1/4-3/8" longer they would be easier to start.

Short comings aside, it's a pretty awesome windshield.

J

jtait05

Dec 3, 2020
MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am having this same issue as of last night, thinking of pulling the gasket down a bit in those places. Did you find a solution?

Thanks!

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just used some thin stickyback weather seal to finish off the two spots on mine that had small gaps. Screws are short. Helps to have a second person. Other than that I love mine..

Reactions: CID and TripleB
Coeus

Coeus

The General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same problem with mine but from looking at all the pictures on the inter web, that seems normal.

I’ll run with mine like that and if it is an issue, I’ll do like @Jacks did

55FDE98C 02DC 4CAB 92A1 46CF9C0084E7
863E9C81 9511 4904 8CDC E67783B79182

Last edited:
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Try to soak that lower seal in really hot water before putting it on. That'll soften it up. Then tap it on with a rubber mallet as you work your way through it. Its hard to get seated sometimes because of the pressure clamping nature of the inside of that gasket. Once its all the way on as far as it can go, it should seal up pretty good at the bottom.

Reactions: TripleB
C

CoolGuy

Sep 19, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am having this same issue as of last night, thinking of pulling the gasket down a bit in those places. Did you find a solution?

Thanks!

I ended up using weather stripping to fill in the gaps. Any hardware store should have it.

Coeus

Coeus

The General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try to soak that lower seal in really hot water before putting it on. That'll soften it up. Then tap it on with a rubber mallet as you work your way through it. Its hard to get seated sometimes because of the pressure clamping nature of the inside of that gasket. Once its all the way on as far as it can go, it should seal up pretty good at the bottom.
I did that... maybe it wasn't hot enough?!?

Reactions: SuperATV
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just used brute force, you know when it’s fully seated, was a slight pia but I like it fits so tight to the window. Mine also has little gaps but I’ll just add some foam that was extra from my roof in key spots to seal it all up.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!