P1000 Super ATV rear windshield with back up lights

J

Jmalec

Mar 15, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
2021 1000-5 with back up light kit installed on top rear roll bar. Will the super ATV rear windshield fit or will I have to remove the lights?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure I can help without pictures of your backup light installation. I have the SATV rear windshield and mounted backup lights above that on the rear down slope of the stock roof.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
J

Jmalec

Mar 15, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
Not sure I can help without pictures of your backup light installation. I have the SATV rear windshield and mounted backup lights above that on the rear down slope of the stock roof.
Here are a few pics. I pretty sure the rear window should tuck up under the roof and those lights will be in the way.

IMG 0263 IMG 0262

Reactions: Remington
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here are a few pics. I pretty sure the rear window should tuck up under the roof and those lights will be in the way.

View attachment 389910 View attachment 389911
You will either have to:

A: remove the lights.

B: notch out the SATV plexiglass where the light clamps are.

C: mount the light to the roof plastic.

D: mount the lights to the rear plexiglass ( not recommended)

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What @JACKAL said with a minor but important exception. The SATV rear windshield is not Plexiglas (or plexiglass), which is acrylic plastic. Rather they, like the plastic front windshields, are made of polycarbonate (Lexan being one trade name). The differences:

Acrylic: Better light transmission than glass! Cheaper than polycarbonate. Can shatter into dangerous shards on impact or crack when drilling or cutting if care is not taken. Holes are typically drilled oversize to prevent cracking from thermal expansion etc. Can easily polish out minor scratches.

Polycarbonate: Bulletproof (literally, when thick enough) so impact resistant and safer in an accident, can be cold bent in a brake. No problem drilling, sawing etc. Scratches do not polish out easily if at all. Softer than Plexi, so is sometimes "hard coated" for scratch resistance.

The only pic I have showing the rear lights. The are actually a little lower than they appear, and below the top of the roof line. You can see from the way the rear windshield mounts that OPs lights gotta be moved.

20220428 223430

Last edited:
Reactions: JenElio
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
You may have to adjust them if the clamps are in our clamp locations, but I'm betting you can make it work pretty easy. It wouldn't take much to mod the windshield if you needed to notch it, but you may not have to as long as the light clamps aren't in our windshield clamp locations.

Reactions: bumperm and JenElio
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!