BOX1

P700 Super ATV Screwed Me, Don't Let Them Get You Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
I just bought and installed Super ATV's flip up windshield for my 2017 Pioneer 700. Reviews for this windshield looked good. However, after doing a very slow and careful install, I have ended up with an upper windshield that has a considerable warp or bow in it where the upper windshield meets the lower windshield. The only contact being made of the two windshields in just in the center where the handle is. There's at least a 1" gap on each side of the windshield. They give you flat weather stripping that's suppose to seal where the upper and lower windshields meet but with the large gap I'm dealing with, it doesn't come close to sealing it. Super ATV told me, the support struts that hold the windshield up, have to be strong and that's why there is a gap. In other words, they are saying, screw you. After spending $450 on this piece of crap, I expected much, much more. If you are considering a windshield, don't buy this one. I should have purchased the Honda windshield.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought and installed Super ATV's flip up windshield for my 2017 Pioneer 700. Reviews for this windshield looked good. However, after doing a very slow and careful install, I have ended up with an upper windshield that has a considerable warp or bow in it where the upper windshield meets the lower windshield. The only contact being made of the two windshields in just in the center where the handle is. There's at least a 1" gap on each side of the windshield. They give you flat weather stripping that's suppose to seal where the upper and lower windshields meet but with the large gap I'm dealing with, it doesn't come close to sealing it. Super ATV told me, the support struts that hold the windshield up, have to be strong and that's why there is a gap. In other words, they are saying, screw you. After spending $450 on this piece of crap, I expected much, much more. If you are considering a windshield, don't buy this one. I should have purchased the Honda windshield.
Pictures please? That’s quite a lovely first post you got there. Ever think about introducing yerself first?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's plexiglass, suspended from the outside ends, mine is bent too (Talon). It's the best available for my needs - because of the bent edge, it will be real hard for water to get through. And since there aren't any side windows, if it rains, I'm getting wet anyway. 🤷‍♂️

If it really bothers you, put a soft spacer in the center and clamp down the outside edges, park in the sun and it will unbend - for awhile.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If u tinker with adjusting the upper and lower brackets, I'm pretty sure u can get it to shut pretty well. I've installed 2 of them and it took adjusting multiple times to get it right. My buddy had the same problem with his but finally figured it out.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I have installed 4 of these flip up hard coat windshields this year alone. Have not had any issues, I suspect you may not have it installed correctly. all attachment points of the windshield are slotted and should be loose until everything is set properly, only then tighten them back up. That ensures there is no warp or gaps. Although the bottom is installed first, the top is fixed by the brackets, the bottom needs to be slid up or down accordingly to match up with the top properly.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Loosen the clamps on the lower part and bow center in and then tighten clamps. Or do like guy said and put something in middle and clamp down outside edges while it sits in the sun.

I’d also suggest introducing and even possibly asking for help here before blasting away

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SuperATV windshields do rock and are as tough as nails. Mine has limbed and kilt more trees than Pall Bunyan. Rocks are a feared of it too! Tough as magical nails. Purdy as shield maidens...

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let's start this over lmao welcome from W.V post a couple pics, Let's see if we can help ya out . If you where looking for somewhere just to bit** your at the wrong place everyone here will more than try to help ya out.

T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
Pictures please? That’s quite a lovely first post you got there. Ever think about introducing yerself first?
Yeah, sorry. This incident has just made me mad as hell and I've forgotten my manners. Anyway, I live in Northwest New Jersey and earlier this year I found a nice 2017 Pioneer 2P Deluxe with just 59 miles on it. The price was right so I grabbed it up. I've been doing some upgrades, hard top, front led pods, auto back up light, dash switch plate, USB phone charger and I installed a second battery. I also bought a snow plow for it but (gratefully) no snow has fallen yet. Just got my windshield last week and given the price, I was very upset that support at Super ATV pretty much blew me off. By the way, I love the machine and this forum is great. There's no better information you can get than that which is from an actual owner. Thanks.

T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
It's plexiglass, suspended from the outside ends, mine is bent too (Talon). It's the best available for my needs - because of the bent edge, it will be real hard for water to get through. And since there aren't any side windows, if it rains, I'm getting wet anyway. 🤷‍♂️

If it really bothers you, put a soft spacer in the center and clamp down the outside edges, park in the sun and it will unbend - for awhile.
If it was just a little gap, I wouldn't mind. The problem is, the left and right edges of the upper windshield are at least and inch from making contact with the flat weather stripping. The only place where contact is being made, is about a 10" area around the windshield handle. I think that is excessive. Makes me wonder why they even bother supplying the flat seal weather strip to begin with.

T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
OK, I took a crack at getting some pics up. Hope it worked.

IMG 20200918 114233 IMG 20200918 114249 IMG 20200918 114412 IMG 20200918 114441

Reactions: 100Acre
T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
Loosen the clamps on the lower part and bow center in and then tighten clamps. Or do like guy said and put something in middle and clamp down outside edges while it sits in the sun.

I’d also suggest introducing and even possibly asking for help here before blasting away
This looks like something to try when I get time this weekend. Thanks.

Reactions: ChadD and Farmer
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, something has to be out of adjustment. These windshields are pretty darn good.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
This looks like something to try when I get time this weekend. Thanks.

Maybe you could at least loosen up the hardware until then.....to avoid any memory in the windshield????

T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
I have installed 4 of these flip up hard coat windshields this year alone. Have not had any issues, I suspect you may not have it installed correctly. all attachment points of the windshield are slotted and should be loose until everything is set properly, only then tighten them back up. That ensures there is no warp or gaps. Although the bottom is installed first, the top is fixed by the brackets, the bottom needs to be slid up or down accordingly to match up with the top properly.
I'll take another look at this on the weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: ChadD and 100Acre
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!