IMG 0739
IMG 0740
IMG 0741
IMG 0744
IMG 0745
IMG 0746
IMG 1536
Hi Hondasxs
I installed a Superwinch 45 Terra with Kfi mount this morning. It was pretty straight forward, couple of items you may want to think about. Go and get 2 bolts .25" longer than the superwinch provides that secure the winch to the plates. If you use the the ones that come with the winch you only have a few threads into the winch. I wasn't comfortable with that. Installed a wireless remote, see pic. Decided to route the winch power wires accross from the winch towards the firewall on the right hand side and up the back. The used up some of the length of cable and I think it made a pretty clean install. The blue Haase matches pretty well. One thing that is different than the picture shows the two bolts in the middle between the mounting bolts for the winch I had to turn over. The bumper hit the bolts the way it shows in the attached pic.

Last edited:
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree the Superwinch bolts are just a little too short. Nice winch, I love mine

Reactions: adnoh and JTW
RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree the Superwinch bolts are just a little too short. Nice winch, I love mine
Just curious is your winch line coming from the bottom of the spool? Mine is and it has quite an angle to get to the hause. It sounds like your not supposed to wind from the top. How did you mount yours?

Last edited:
J

JTW

Just curious is your winch line coming from the bottom of the spool? Mine is and it has quite an angle to get to the hause. It sounds like your not supposed to wind from the to. How did you mount yours?
The EMP mount.. inverts the winch and gives a straight pull.

Reactions: Rincon
Matcnc

Matcnc

Sep 16, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Superwinch recommends that the winch not be mount inverted.
What are you doing that I'm not getting.

J

JTW

Superwinch recommends that the winch not be mount inverted.
What are you doing that I'm not getting.
Doesn't matter.. just make sure the wire or rope is feeding correctly. It should underwind as it's reeling in. The guide contradicted itself somewhere.. it has the caution but then also has a pic or something with the winch inverted. You'll be fine if you choose to do so.

Reactions: Rincon and Matcnc
Matcnc

Matcnc

Sep 16, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Doesn't matter.. just make sure the wire or rope is feeding correctly. It should underwind as it's reeling in. The guide contradicted itself somewhere.. it has the caution but then also has a pic or something with the winch inverted. You'll be fine if you choose to do so.

I prefer the EMP mount because of the U bolts connecting it to the frame. I have this mount coming and will be installing the Tera 45 on it. Thanks for the reassurance

Reactions: Rincon and JTW
Matcnc

Matcnc

Sep 16, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's the same setup I have.. no issues for me.
What a pain in the #ss to install. U-bolts didn't line up could only get a few threads on one side of each u bolt. In other words they were turned on a angle.
The reason I bought the mount was because of the u-bolts.
Now I have my doubts to how effective they will be????

J

JTW

What a pain in the #ss to install. U-bolts didn't line up could only get a few threads on one side of each u bolt. In other words they were turned on a angle.
The reason I bought the mount was because of the u-bolts.
Now I have my doubts to how effective they will be????
Mine was very much a pain in the ass to install as well... but I had no issue with the nut threading on the ubolts.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine was a pain as well to install - think I remember keeping the top bolts loose until I got the U bolts on then tightened down the top bolts - which was a pain in the ass and one reason I hope to never take my bumper off again lol.

J

JTW

Mine was a pain as well to install - think I remember keeping the top bolts loose until I got the U bolts on then tightened down the top bolts - which was a pain in the ass and one reason I hope to never take my bumper off again lol.
Exactly.. I've got a couple dents in mine and I'd like to pull them out but it's not worth it!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly.. I've got a couple dents in mine and I'd like to pull them out but it's not worth it!
I think I bought 3 different 14mm wrenches to get to each of the top bolts - held good last weekend using

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
I decided to order a new bumper because I don’t like how hard it is to unlock the spool when your buried in mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I decided to order a new bumper because I don’t like how hard it is to unlock the spool when your buried in mud.

I prefer a top mount.. I like the tough country but wasn't going to spend the $$$

Reactions: my99svt
Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Oct 22, 2017
Lexington Missouri
I liked the KFI plate on my brute force. So which plate is better KFI or EMP?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!