BOX1

Suspension

jcrowe645

jcrowe645

Jan 11, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know there are several post about this subject over and over again. I feel like I have gone in a rabbit hole trying to research shocks. I just purchased a new 2021 1000-5 deluxe last week. I am looking for personal opinions from people who have changed the shocks on their personal units. I have spoke with Craig at 814 and he is very knowledgeable. At the same time I am trying to look at the financial side as well and of course the time frame. 814 is roughly three weeks out and I am not a patient person. haha Thanks again for any insight and opinions. I will mainly being cruising down the road to get the woods and then trail ride. Nothing crazy by any means. I am located in Indiana.

kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know there are several post about this subject over and over again. I feel like I have gone in a rabbit hole trying to research shocks. I just purchased a new 2021 1000-5 deluxe last week. I am looking for personal opinions from people who have changed the shocks on their personal units. I have spoke with Craig at 814 and he is very knowledgeable. At the same time I am trying to look at the financial side as well and of course the time frame. 814 is roughly three weeks out and I am not a patient person. haha Thanks again for any insight and opinions. I will mainly being cruising down the road to get the woods and then trail ride. Nothing crazy by any means. I am located in Indiana.

Start by removing the rear sway arm.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Unless you're a big suspension guru, just buy the fox shocks and be done with it. I’ve been running the fox shocks for 6000 miles now and i think they are worth the money. When I was in the same position that you're in now, there was this asshole on this site that told me to just do it. And he was right.

jcrowe645

jcrowe645

Jan 11, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the elka I see there are different stages. Any suggestions?
Which Fox shocks do you recommend? 2.0?

R

rickoshea

With the elka I see there are different stages. Any suggestions?
Which Fox shocks do you recommend? 2.0?
if you like to really rip hard,go with at least stage 4.i went stage 3 and really,really like them but if i had to do it again,i'd have gone stage 4 for the adjustable rebound.i don't know how to drive slow.Elka has 30 adjusters,Fox has 3.30 sounds like alot of unnessessary clicks but once you start dialing them in for the different areas/terrains you ride you start to appreciate them.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!