BOX1

P500 Switching Between Manual and Auto while moving?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Any potential harm switching between Manual and Auto while moving? Seems more of an electronic thing, versus the mechanical bind like the 2wd to 4wd switch under power would.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Shouldn't hurt anything, as it stays in the same gear switching back and forth.

Reactions: Mudder
H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
Any potential harm switching between Manual and Auto while moving? Seems more of an electronic thing, versus the mechanical bind like the 2wd to 4wd switch under power would.
I just go by the Manuel advice which states you should come to a complete stop when switching from AT to MT or vice versa. But, haven't heard of anyone having a problem on this forum as of yet.

Reactions: BLC
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I switch mine all the time while driving and no problems yet. I just make sure it's not gonna shift at the exact time I flip the switch. Guess I never read that you should completely stop first :D

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
I switch mine all the time while driving and no problems yet. I just make sure it's not gonna shift at the exact time I flip the switch. Guess I never read that you should completely stop first :D
Yeah, the manual also says not to mess with the speed limiter too, I disconnected mine, drives just fine without it. Took 5 minutes to disconnect it, thanks to info on this forum, sounds like you've figured out a way to switch from AT to MT with damaging the system, I'll give it a try.

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Yeah, the manual also says not to mess with the speed limiter too, I disconnected mine, drives just fine without it. Took 5 minutes to disconnect it, thanks to info on this forum, sounds like you've figured out a way to switch from AT to MT with damaging the system, I'll give it a try.
How do you disconnect the speed limiter?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Did it make a difference? It's already wound out at 42 mph, any more top end and it would be screaming at you.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Also against the manual, but I can go between 2wd and 4wd at slow speed with no problem, just time it to let off throttle to remove any drivetrain stress. Usually do it if rolling up to and after a suspicious mud hole. Similar to how you can change gears on a manual truck transmission without a clutch, (like I had to when my hydraulic clutch cylinder went out away from home).

Reactions: Little_g
H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
How do you disconnect the speed limiter?
I found the procedure for disconnecting the speed limiter on a thread by JTW , 2017 speed limiter disconnect. He also includes the pics along with the description on how to do it. I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to post pics and videos yet. I still pay bills with a checkbook, kinda outdated if you know what I mean.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also against the manual, but I can go between 2wd and 4wd at slow speed with no problem, just time it to let off throttle to remove any drivetrain stress. Usually do it if rolling up to and after a suspicious mud hole. Similar to how you can change gears on a manual truck transmission without a clutch, (like I had to when my hydraulic clutch cylinder went out away from home).
I've also done this with both machines. No throttle slow SLOW speed & never any problems.

P

Ppndabum

Feb 2, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
I found the procedure for disconnecting the speed limiter on a thread by JTW , 2017 speed limiter disconnect. He also includes the pics along with the description on how to do it. I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to post pics and videos yet. I still pay bills with a checkbook, kinda outdated if you know what I mean.

I've looked everywhere for this speed limiter disconnect and found nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about going to and from
4i-2wd-turf...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!