P1000 Tail light issue

2ray4

Mar 17, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I recently had my tailights out to install some turn signals. When u went to put taillights back in the bottoms screws don't tighten up. The top screws thread into a rubber washer/nut. The bottom has nothing but a larger hole. Did something fall out? I assume all four screws should have same four rubber nuts. Can't find bottom two anywhere though...thoughts?

Reactions: sharp
D

DDDonkey

There should be a rubber nut-zert (like the top one) in the bottom also. You can get them a any Ace hardware for a few bucks.

rspar

rspar

Jun 10, 2018
Gilbert Arizona
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Did you ever get this fixed? I have the same issue on a P1KD I just picked up 3days ago. What did you use to fix ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weird. When I went to remove my taillights the bottom screw on the left light felt like it was glued in. When I turned it (gently) I heard a crack and the whole lens broke open. The other side unscrewed perfectly like it should. I told the dealer about it when I had the clutch update done and they said Honda said "no" to fixing under warranty. Before they supposedly asked honda, they told me that Honda would probably say no since i was removing the tailights to install aftermarket accessories. I generally despise all dealerships lol.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weird. When I went to remove my taillights the bottom screw on the left light felt like it was glued in. When I turned it (gently) I heard a crack and the whole lens broke open. The other side unscrewed perfectly like it should. I told the dealer about it when I had the clutch update done and they said Honda said "no" to fixing under warranty. Before they supposedly asked honda, they told me that Honda would probably say no since i was removing the tailights to install aftermarket accessories. I generally despise all dealerships lol.
I seem to recall you saying you wanted to remove the taillights to wash any accumulated mud from behind........... Nothing about adding accessories.....

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

Suprise Suprise, lol dealers are rarely helpful

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is what I've found. I thought it sounded like an excuse because they just didn't have any interest in asking honda about the tailight for whatever reason. In my opinion it really shouldn't matter why you removed the tailight. They are meant to be removed, so they should be able to do it without breaking lol. Oh well. In my experience, any time I have something fixed I immediately break it again but worse... if they had replaced the tailight, I'm guessing with my luck I would have backed into a tree or something the next day. Haha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!