People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
So what would be items that a P500 would really need at the Takeover as far as necessity? new tires, spacers, power steering, skid plates, winch, anything else? Thanks

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Tires and anything to increase width for stability will help tremendously. It was really muddy last year, I would have hated to been running the stock tires.

A skid plate would also be very nice to have, that's one thing I really need to upgrade. I've beat my stock 1 to death.

You'll be fine without power steering and their will be plenty of us around in case some one needs a pull.

Reactions: markie and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Like Bowtie said, better tires. If you're running with the pack I wouldn't be too worried about recovery or emergency gear, I'm sure we'll have that covered. Venturing out on your own's a different story, winch, GPS and anything else you can think of that'll get you back.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
This will be my 4th takeover with the p500.

What you need : bone stock p500, beverage of choice and maybe some pretzels.

What would be nice : good weather gear or a roof and windshield.
Tow strap but not a must item as everybody else will have one.
Tires, I ran p700 take off's last year, super cheap and really good traction, 2 prior years I had stock tires.
Last year I also had a skid plate and a winch but I don't see them as must have.

What everyone else's ego must have : sky's the limit.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This will be my 4th takeover with the p500.

What you need : bone stock p500, beverage of choice and maybe some pretzels.

What would be nice : good weather gear or a roof and windshield.
Tow strap but not a must item as everybody else will have one.
Tires, I ran p700 take off's last year, super cheap and really good traction, 2 prior years I had stock tires.
Last year I also had a skid plate and a winch but I don't see them as must have.

What everyone else's ego must have : sky's the limit.

The 500 is underrated, heck of a little goat, that little “farm rig” does well.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I guess when your used to riding alone that you want to be prepared......riding with a large group I've never done so I'm sure safety and help will always be close by. Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!