BOX1

P700 Talk me out of trading in the 700

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I made the mistake of driving my friends new Teryx4 S with the long travel suspension and now the Pioneer is feeling a little flat and I kinda have the bug for more power. Has anyone on here had a Teryx? And what made you get rid of it for the pioneer?

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Well I made the mistake of driving my friends new Teryx4 S with the long travel suspension and now the Pioneer is feeling a little flat and I kinda have the bug for more power. Has anyone on here had a Teryx? And what made you get rid of it for the pioneer?
I have a friend that has a Teryx4 and I wouldn't trade my Pioneer 1000-5 for 2 of them. His is loud, hot and rides like a wagon. Maybe you just need to upgrade.

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a friend that has a Teryx4 and I wouldn't trade my Pioneer 1000-5 for 2 of them. His is loud, hot and rides like a wagon. Maybe you just need to upgrade.
My friend has a 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 and I didn't like it at all. The floorboards are weird and I didn't like how the clutch engaged or the weird whining noise the engine made lol

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think everything is personal preference. I just got back from Hot Springs ORV park and had my nearly stock 700-4 deluxe on a badge of honor trail behind 15 jeeps. The trail was called Snake and is considered one of the easiest Badge of Honor trails but recent rains had a lot of washed out areas exposing tough. steep, rocky areas. We just happened to be there at the time the Fun Run was going on and got behind them. I am glad I did because there were some tough areas that the jeeps had to be spotted and they did the same for me. When you are behind a bunch of nice jeeps and they start having to be spotted and spinning tires and there is no exit, it can make you a bit apprehensive. I made it all the way though that trail. I wish I had pics but my wife said she was hanging on so hard her arm was sore so she couldn't take any pics 😕 Some of their guys were taking pics so am hoping I will be able to find some of them posted one day. The 700 was impressive. All that I need. Plus it is the right size to fit on my 10 foot trailer. I have watched videos of others on Snake and recognize the spots that were problematic but they looked simple and not near what they were when we went through there. Even the jeep guys said it was a lot tougher and would classify those areas as a 3 or maybe even a 4 in some areas. There are a lot of nice SxS out there but for me the 700-4 is it. Depending on what you do it may not be for you. You can always get yourself into situations where you would like more ground clearance or more power. I think that is why they make turbo SxS with TONS of horsepower and people put HUGE tires on so many of them. I heard several at the Fun Run saying they needed more and the next step may have an LS motor in it. I do have a small lift kit on mine but could have used more ground clearance. Going down steep hills caused the front to nose down lessening the ground clearance causing me to bottom out at times. Front shocks do seem to be a bit soft. I can fix that. The pioneer is a utility vehicle and is why they make the talon. To me it depends on the tasks needed performed to shape your SxS choice. I have a friend with a Yamaha Wolverine rmax4. That's a nice ride too. A lot out there. Sorry for the length of this but good luck in your decision.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I guess I've always considered the Teryx (which seems well regarded) a step sideways more than a step forward. Maybe 1/2 a step.
The machines...even the "hybrid" machines are advancing in huge steps (think Rmax).

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I guess I've always considered the Teryx (which seems well regarded) a step sideways more than a step forward. Maybe 1/2 a step.
The machines...even the "hybrid" machines are advancing in huge steps (think Rmax).
I've definitely thought about an RMAX4 but the sticker shock turned me off real quick lol we looked at one of the limited and it was 28k lol granted it was super nice, had navigation and radio and really well put together but at that price I would just go buy a new Jeep LOL

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have a friend that HAD a Teryx. I took it for a ride and that was a very loud hot box. Louder then my P1K5 that has an HMF exhaust with my hard roof on. You can also boil water in the cup holders, i k ow cuz my cold drink was hot. Alot wrong with that machine that mods aint gona fix. Like @DG Rider said, it would be a step sideways. Well i say step backwards. Did your friends P1 have stock or aftermarket shocks? Quite a difference in the ride. Hate to say but youd be better off in PooPoo (Polaris) than a Teryx imo.

Last edited:
B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Have a friend that HAD a Teryx. I took it for a ride and that was a very loud hot box. Louder then my P1K5 that has an HMF exhaust with my hard roof on. You can also boil water in the cup holders, i k ow cuz my cold drink was hot. Alot wrong with that machine that mods aint gona fix. Like @DG Rider said, it would be a step sideways. Well i say step backwards. Did your friends P1 have stock or aftermarket shocks? Quite a difference in the ride. Hate to say but youd be better off in PooPoo (Polaris) than a Teryx imo.
It's was 100% stock. Had like 20 hours on it. My 700 with the Fox shocks rides a little better

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It's was 100% stock. Had like 20 hours on it. My 700 with the Fox shocks rides a little better
You still didn’t say if the P1 head stuck shocks on it or not you just said it was completely stock. And if that’s the case Your 700With fox shocks could very well drive better

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've definitely thought about an RMAX4 but the sticker shock turned me off real quick lol we looked at one of the limited and it was 28k lol granted it was super nice, had navigation and radio and really well put together but at that price I would just go buy a new Jeep LOL
That's really the only thing with the Rmax. It seems pricey for what it is.

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's really the only thing with the Rmax. It seems pricey for what it is.
Extremely! I even thought about a base model and then adding a roof and a winch and radio and it was still like 25k. What I did like though is every Yamaha accessory is interchangeable and all the machines are pre-wired to take every accessory if it has it or not

Reactions: Lady01 and DG Rider
L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you want to be talked out of it its real simple
honda is the best.
questioning it will cause pain and $uffering. i have never opened the case on the atc. the 230f same way. change the oil and use good gas they will last you forever. i take care of my equipment, but i also beat the s*** out of it from time to time .

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I sold the pioneer last night..lol Some guy made me an offer I couldn't say no to lol so I won't be on the 700 forums anymore but I'll still be around because I think my wife has me talked into a talon x4 LOL

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
It sounds like that is what you really needed. Good to see you decided to stick with the Honda.

Reactions: Mudwing
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5

maybe check out the wolverine/wolverine x4? Much better price than the rmax, plenty of power, very nice interior, pretty quiet, and almost non existent cabin heat transfer. My brother has one, so I’ve got a lot of seat time in it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!