BOX1

P700 Taller tire, stock width?

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
I popped a hole in the sidewall of the front stock blackstone tire, big enough to put a finger in. Was planning on looking for an oem replacement but I got to thinking how a little extra ground clearance would be nice. Undercarriage is taking some hits lately.

I need to keep overall rig width the same, as I carry it in the bed of my truck. It rubs going in as is. Most of the 27s I have found are 1 inch wider than stock, has anyone found stock width and taller height?

Mix of northeast riding, rocks and mud depending on the season.

Reactions: Mudwing
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I replaced my OEM 25/10/12 tires with 27/9/12 Tusk Terrabites and they are great! I got more ground clearance and a whole lot better stance without adding any width. I did later on add some wheel spacers to add some width though. I use mine here at home and they work well for what I do. I haven't tested them in the mud as I am not a Mudder and don't go swimming with mine. Good Luck!

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I popped a hole in the sidewall of the front stock blackstone tire, big enough to put a finger in. Was planning on looking for an oem replacement but I got to thinking how a little extra ground clearance would be nice. Undercarriage is taking some hits lately.

I need to keep overall rig width the same, as I carry it in the bed of my truck. It rubs going in as is. Most of the 27s I have found are 1 inch wider than stock, has anyone found stock width and taller height?

Mix of northeast riding, rocks and mud depending on the season.
Interco interforce and maxxis mudbug is all I see in a 27 8 12 or 27 7.75 12

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just do what I did 27x10x12 rears, 27x9x12 front . You will be more than happy.

Reactions: Mudwing and William
M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just do what I did 27x10x12 rears, 27x9x12 front . You will be more than happy.

Agreed. I went with these size of tires also. I couldn’t believe how much bigger one size up in tire size looked compared to the stock tires & also gained some ground clearance.

Keep in mind though if ya change to aftermarket rims it may widen it out some. I did change rims also & they did widen the stance some as they have a different offset that OE.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like the after market rims much better than stockers. The 5+2 looks good on them.

Reactions: Mudwing and MKULTRA
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the after market rims much better than stockers. The 5+2 looks good on them.

I want some factory deluxe rims... I was thinking about trying to trade my rims, tires, spacers, and lugnuts for deluxe rims and factory tires... I’m not fond of the mud slinging everywhere...

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
I replaced my OEM 25/10/12 tires with 27/9/12 Tusk Terrabites and they are great! I got more ground clearance and a whole lot better stance without adding any width. I did later on add some wheel spacers to add some width though. I use mine here at home and they work well for what I do. I haven't tested them in the mud as I am not a Mudder and don't go swimming with mine. Good Luck!

Good to know width stayed the same. I am looking at terrabites, but I have a tendency to drive through whatever I find on the trail. May go with something a bit more suited for mud, even though 80% of my riding is harder terrain.

Honestly I really liked the stock tires for what I ride, always felt like the sidewalls were thin though.

And cheap stock steel rims as long as I can help it. Not going for aesthetics.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I want some factory deluxe rims... I was thinking about trying to trade my rims, tires, spacers, and lugnuts for deluxe rims and factory tires... I’m not fond of the mud slinging everywhere...
I like the deluxe rims I still run mine from time to time. Stock tires really work well I like them the biggest thing is the extra clearance the bigger tires make. I know you run 27s also and they make a world of difference. You can usually buy them new with tires for 350.00 dollar's at southern Honda powersports in Tennessee. That's what I did for my 500. They have several sets sometimes from 700s they trick out.

A

amazememartin

Nov 17, 2019
quebec
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was wondering what the size change from 25's to 27's does on the speedometer? Do we have to calibrate anything after?
Thx

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
My speedometer still reads the same 43mph at full throttle! If there is any difference, would be negligible 1-2 mph> JMHO

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I run 27s never cared what i did to the speedo. Dont know if it makes enough difference to go through the trouble

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Now I just need to pick one. The stock Blackstone's have performed very well for me as for grip, but now have 2 patches on the front sidewalls and they dig up the lawn too easy when I need to use the machine.

Really looking at the SunF A043, a set of 27" radial all-terrain type for under $400 is tempting. I have a tendency to destroy nice things anyhow.

S l400

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's a good looking tread pattern on that tire. Everybody on here that has that brand seem very pleased

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just a follow up, wife was spying and bought the terrabites, 27x9 and 27x11 for Christmas. Installed them today. At 10 psi on level garage, they are at 25 1/2" height and width is right at 60" rear, 60 3/4 or so front. Front lifts and narrows on ramps loading into truck so it should be good.

They are definitely a tough sob, changed them by hand in the driveway and they are significantly stronger in construction than the oem.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!