BOX1

Talon 1000X-4 Accessory wire in the rear

R

reastman

Oct 20, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I apologize if this is already answered (I did try searching), but I am new to owning a Honda Talon. I plan on adding a sound bar this weekend, and I am trying to do some pre-planning on the wiring. After removing the dash I have located the accessory harness in the front. The challenge is that I need to connect this to the accessory wire on my sound bar, which I plan on mounting in the rear. Is there an accessory wire in the rear, or does anyone have any videos or information on the easiest way to route a wire from the front to somewhere in the rear (maybe near the battery) for a Talon 1000X-4?

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
No accessory wire in rear that I am aware of. Best routing is thru the tunnel in between seats. There are other wires running thru there that It can be attached to.

Closest would likely be the rear seat lighter socket. You could get one of @Hondasxs wiring harnesses for a simple, no cutting, hookup. KEY ON POWER Harness for Honda Pioneer 1000, 700, 500, and Talon 1000.

Reactions: TripleB
R

reastman

Oct 20, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Thanks. After some more research that appears to be what most people are doing. Removing the covers on the center tunnel and running along side the existing wires already from the rear.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!