BOX1

Talon Talon 4 Owners Please Read

H

HondaTech

While test driving our first 4 seater that arrived today I kept hearing a noise that seem to becoming from the roof of the unit. Upon further inspection the middle mounting bolt at the front and rear of the machine appeared loose, you could move the roof up and down around an 1/8 of an inch. But neither bolt would tighten up and appeared to be too long for the application.

Remembering the issues we had with the first batch of 2 seaters, I pulled the parts fiche up and found those 2 bolts were missing a rubber washer that would take up the slack and dampen vibration. After doing some looking around the rest of the roof I located 2 bolts in the middle of the unit that are attatched vertically to the outside edge of the roof. Those 2 bolts had the rubber washers under them that weren't suppose to be there.

So if you've recently purchased or plan to purchase a X4 or X4 Live Valve, please inspect the roof for proper installation. Keep in mind the roof is already attached before it arrives at the dealership.

Also take a look under the drivers seat, I found that our unit had the DLC dummy connector unplugged and was flapping in the breeze.

Last edited:
M

MundsParkAZ

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Even though a dealer doesn't install it, they should want to go thru and check for things like this. It's called Dealer Prep!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even though a dealer doesn't install it, they should want to go thru and check for things like this. It's called Dealer Prep!
I suppose you stop on the side of the road at exactly 100 miles and retorque your lug nuts after every tire rotation and you check your tire pressure every single time before you start the motor too?

Seriously? Be pissed at the factory for blowing it ... sure! But if you think a dealer is going to check the factory installed parts I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

M

MundsParkAZ

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I suppose you stop on the side of the road at exactly 100 miles and retorque your lug nuts after every tire rotation and you check your tire pressure every single time before you start the motor too?

Seriously? Be pissed at the factory for blowing it ... sure! But if you think a dealer is going to check the factory installed parts I’ve got a bridge to sell you.
As Aaron Rodgers say's " R E L A X". As HondaTech said, buy from a dealer who cares.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
i’ll take a peek in 4 hours when i pick up my X4........

roof is tight.

plugs in place.

full sub transmission......

CD0DB236 D0CE 46CB ABC7 678A691A7924

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I work for a dealer, I'm a full time technician.

FYI we don't install the roof or the cage, it comes off the truck like that. The only machines that need the cage installed are the P700 and P500.

You obviously didn't read the whole post.
Bhahahaha. Lol

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Posts like this are EXACTLY why the next time we buy a Honda anything I will be going to Honda of Fairfield and demanding that @HondaTech does the prep on my machine.

Anyone who read the post and speaks English as a first (or second) language would agree.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Posts like this are EXACTLY why the next time we buy a Honda anything I will be going to Honda of Fairfield and demanding that @HondaTech does the prep on my machine.

Anyone who read the post and speaks English as a first (or second) language would agree.
Agree.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@HondaTech looks like you hurt his feelings when he said he bent frame and took him week to fix and you stated it was 21hr job. All I can see in his history that he might take exception too. Hell you helped him a few times on other stuff and he was civil and then this after the deal with frame. My guess

We all know how you help everyone so no sense in deleting the thread.

Reactions: JTW
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!