Talon Talon alignment

N

Nick179

Apr 30, 2019
Central Valley
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey everyone just got my new Talon a couple of weeks ago I went with the R model..my first SXS...so far I am having lots of fun

I did notice that my toe in is pretty extreme, does anyone know what the toe in is supposed to be if any? Mine is currently at 3.5 inches and that seems wrong to me and the wheel will shake a bit on long stretches of dirt roads or pavement

Thanks for any help

0D4F9373 DA93 4907 95B6 A7B1A7160D74

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alignment according to manual is 0.0" toe.

N

Nick179

Apr 30, 2019
Central Valley
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I fixed the alignment, Mine was way out and i got it to 0.0 and what a difference it made it handling!!
Obviously though.
This is my first SXS so I am still learning, and will continue to learn. thanks for the help

The reason I mention it, Check your alignment, I am sure there is more from Honda that are out. Again mine was 3.5 inch toed in!

• Wow
Reactions: CID and Arizona
nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was talking to the salesman and noticed/pointed out the alignment issue. Service took care of it immediately so we continued to close the sale. How is this not something checked/addressed during inspection and prep?

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
I was talking to the salesman and noticed/pointed out the alignment issue. Service took care of it immediately so we continued to close the sale. How is this not something checked/addressed during inspection and prep?

After I took delivery and got home with my X I found the sub trans to be low on oil and the coolant reservoir had about one ounce of coolant. The dealer did nothing to check it out and just assembled the parts that needed to be installed. I paid big bucks to them for delivery and set up,,,, I got cheated .

Reactions: CID
D

David_T

Jul 15, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just got a talon R and I was wondering if any one has had a problem with rear toe out? My left rear wheel has toe out while my right has toe in.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just got a talon R and I was wondering if any one has had a problem with rear toe out? My left rear wheel has toe out while my right has toe in.
I would check it again on an alignment rack (or another alignment rack).

There is no adjustment for the rear so if it is off, something is bent. If both sides are off in the same direction in a similar amount like you suspect, it is most likely a bent frame.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!