Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thought I would post about my way of adding accessory items. I was going to buy the Honda switch system but really wanted to maintain my extra dash space. I ended up ordering this switch system from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q1FYQND/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Cost 99 bucks and works well.

I mounted the entire system up high behind the drivers seat. I can still more the seat all the way back and it is high enough to stay dry riding.

So far just added rear lights, a backup cam, dome light and rear the wires for the front lights (will add when the new bumper comes in).

The backup cam is set up on a switch so I can just power it up when I need/want it. Also acts as a rearview mirror when needed. They claim the monitor is waterproof but I doubt it. I mounted it right under the roof so it should be a problem.

Anyway just thought I would share....

IMG 4783 1 IMG 4785 IMG 4786

Reactions: CID and charlie8511
C

charlie8511

Oct 14, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I went another way as well not wanting to cut holes or buy a $300 plastic cutout and wiring harness to add my whip and light bar so I wanted to share what I found and added to my 19 Talon R.
I found this wireless remote box from Tractor Supply for $55 that you can wire up to 4 separate lights into with its own fuses on the box itself. Wiring is so simple, hot wire to battery, ground to existing chassis ground and no drilling, cutting, or anything else to the Talon. Wiring the lights, whips and accessories is super simple, straight to the box itself and it comes with a remote to give power to each of the lights so no switches required as well. I attached my remote box under the plastic cover for the drivers side seat belt post. I removed the seat belts for Dragon fire Harnesses so the plastic cover for the seat belt was the perfect spot and very close to the battery box with holes already available for attachment.

IMG 0392
IMG 0790

IMG 0394

Reactions: Niccigrl and 906UP
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Looks good - let us know how it works out. This could be a good start for a thread with everyones different ways to add electric stuff to the Talon. Sort of different examples that may interest someone looking to add lights, etc.

Reactions: charlie8511
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!