Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shhh, don’t tell Honda or my son, but I spliced my seat belt harness to a toggle switch and mounted it low and rearward on the tunnel so he can drive the machine and I know he is limited to a safe speed. It lets him go really fast right up to the speed limiter
That's not a bad idea.
A key of some type for speed limitations.
Off - normal mode.
On - seat belt line inteuputed.

Reactions: Tramguage1
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's not a bad idea.
Off - normal mode.

Yea, it works for us. He loves driving it, but he’s only nine. He’s a great driver below 20 mph. I would let him have free reign on the property in the pioneer, but the talon is a tiny bit different. He drove 14 miles during a poker run in the sand last spring. I don’t even think he has hit the speed limiter yet, he’s a little bit scared of the machine. But he did drive over the wheel barrel that I forgot to put away

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That's not a bad idea.
Off - normal mode.
Im in to test one of these! a hidden switch in the bypass loop wire?

Reactions: popeye
Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
Shhh, don’t tell Honda or my son, but I spliced my seat belt harness to a toggle switch and mounted it low and rearward on the tunnel so he can drive the machine and I know he is limited to a safe speed. It lets him go really fast right up to the speed limiter
That’s a great idea! Too bad someone doesn’t make an ECU flash that allowed us to gradually raise the speed limiter so we could gradually raise the seatbelt limiter for jr drivers! As it is, someday your son will lose toe 15 mph limit and jump right to the 75 mph limit!

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
I received my HondaSXS seat belt bypass this weekend and it is a quality product. I wanted to do a bypass and still be able to go back to my stock seat belts if I wanted. This is the solution so you are not cutting wires or adding a belt clip. This is a plug and play item that works very well.

Here are some pics of the bypass and the new seat belts.

Here's the link - Harness accessory seatbelt bypass kit - Honda Pioneer, Honda Talon

Thank you HondaSXS

View attachment 119150 View attachment 119151 View attachment 119152 View attachment 119153
Looking at your bypass adaptor pics and trying to get a sense for exactly we’re that is on the Talon. I installed harnesses over the weekend but haven’t yet received my bypass adaptor so I just left the driver’s side right belt buckle assembly connected until my bypass gets here. Is that adaptor inside the center console?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at your bypass adaptor pics and trying to get a sense for exactly we’re that is on the Talon. I installed harnesses over the weekend but haven’t yet received my bypass adaptor so I just left the driver’s side right belt buckle assembly connected until my bypass gets here. Is that adaptor inside the center console?
It's under the drivers seat. Just follow the wire. You cant miss it.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
It's under the drivers seat. Just follow the wire. You cant miss it.
Installed my bypass today. Was a bit of a mutha getting the factory plug undone! Also, I had to take a razor blade to the bypass plug and trim off the two molded raised guides because they didn’t match the female end of the factory plug and prevented the bypass from fully engaging in the factory plug.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed my bypass today. Was a bit of a mutha getting the factory plug undone! Also, I had to take a razor blade to the bypass pqlug and trim off the two molded raised guides because they didn’t match the female end of the factory plug and prevented the bypass from fully engaging in the factory plug.

Humm.
What year and model do you have?

Connector should been the style on the right.

I have had no other reports of problems. So if something is wrong I need to figure it out. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

81bf2752a733cdfa43d5a925b0bb5fe3.jpg

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Just for reference - I also installed the bypass today on a 2019 Talon X -- in my case it fit perfect and took about a minute to "install".

Reactions: 906UP
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just for reference - I also installed the bypass today on a 2019 Talon X -- in my case it fit perfect and took about a minute to "install".
Thanks.
I can assume a change or I sent the wrong one. I dont claim to be perfect by no means. I've made many of build/shipping errors. Lol.

Reactions: 906UP and TripleB
B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just cut the factory wires & soldered together = done

Reactions: popeye
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Same here, plugged in and done. Easy peasy!

like2be

like2be

Sep 26, 2019
Socal
Ownership

1. Talon R
Great thread, can someone please tell me how to disconnect the plug at the override before I completely destroy it. TIA for you advice.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While not a talon, but a Pioneer, Member @Russ989 did a nice little video for you.
Talon plugs are opposite of Pioneer if I recall correctly.

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
Great thread, can someone please tell me how to disconnect the plug at the override before I completely destroy it. TIA for you advice.
I’d like to give you a simple trick to get them apart, but I gotta tell yah I fought mine for an hour before I was able to get it apart. Prying it with flat tip screwdrivers, pinching tabs, incorporating my wife’s help, and bloodying my knuckles before it finally came apart! Patience and perseverance!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While not a talon, but a Pioneer, Member @Russ989 did a nice little video for you.
Talon plugs are opposite of Pioneer if I recall correctly.

See video above. Jump to 3:50 mark.
Once you see how it works... it's easy.

peekaa

peekaa

Aug 4, 2020
So Cal
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Hi, Im just about to go pick up my talon 4 Fox live in a week. Im looking at some pro armor 3in 5 pt harnesses. Is there anything I need to know about mounting these other than needing an override plug. Seems by the pics the rear seats are not just mounting to a bar such as in the front??
Thanks
pk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!