BOX1

Talon - HondaSxS seat belt bypass

T

TalonR19

Mar 24, 2019
EP, TX
I received my HondaSXS seat belt bypass this weekend and it is a quality product. I wanted to do a bypass and still be able to go back to my stock seat belts if I wanted. This is the solution so you are not cutting wires or adding a belt clip. This is a plug and play item that works very well.

Here are some pics of the bypass and the new seat belts.

Here's the link - Harness accessory seatbelt bypass kit - Honda Pioneer, Honda Talon

Thank you HondaSXS

IMG 1002 IMG 1004 IMG 1005 IMG 1007

Last edited by a moderator:
MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I received my HondaSXS seat belt bypass this weekend and it is a quality product. I wanted to do a bypass and still be able to go back to my stock seat belts if I wanted. This is the solution so you are not cutting wires or adding a belt clip. This is a plug and play item that works very well.

Thank you HondaSXS

View attachment 119150 View attachment 119151 View attachment 119152 View attachment 119153

Looks good, would you mind showing how the belts wrapped around the back bar? Some brands send a lot of material to go all the way to the floor that is not needed with the Talon setup.
Thanks

Reactions: Mopower58
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thank you HondaSXS

View attachment 119150 View attachment 119151 View attachment 119152 View attachment 119153
Thanks a lot for the feedback and the picture. I'm glad this worked out easy.
Thanks again.

Added link - Harness accessory seatbelt bypass kit - Honda Pioneer, Honda Talon

Reactions: bigblueaz and BWAF
bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Where did you get the harness at? You like them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Installed my new harnesses. I got beards to match my Cat. Bought the the bypass. Could have saved some $$ by just cutting and splicing but cleaner this way and the stock belts are plug and play

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am using the ProArmor 3" 5 points.
Seat belt bypass plug makes a clean job.
20190425 140334 20190418 174722

Reactions: bigblueaz
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed my new harnesses. I got beards to match my Cat. Bought the the bypass. Could have saved some $$ by just cutting and splicing but cleaner this way and the stock belts are plug and play

Being able to return to stock is a huge advantage if you choose to say goodbye to your Talon in the future.

D

dankathyc

Feb 6, 2019
hurricane ut
Ownership

1. Other Brand
so, this plug is simply a loop? cut and splice the two wires together would have the same result?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
how did you mod your seat to use the 5th point sub harness, and where and how did you attach it to the frame? working on my 4seat X.
I went around the tube that runs left and right under the seat.

SchmidtyRacing

SchmidtyRacing

Apr 10, 2019
Central California (for now!)
www.schmidtyracing.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I went around the tube that runs left and right under the seat.
Did you cut a slot in the seat bottom? Or ??? With the seat base release in the center, not sure going around the front of the seat with the sub belt would be great, or even function correctly as when it matters, it will want to pull to the shortest pathway between the two connection points, which is directly though the seat bottom, like it is in almost all aftermarket seats.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you cut a slot in the seat bottom? Or ??? With the seat base release in the center, not sure going around the front of the seat with the sub belt would be great, or even function correctly as when it matters, it will want to pull to the shortest pathway between the two connection points, which is directly though the seat bottom, like it is in almost all aftermarket seats.
I just route it around the front of the seat. I do not tighten the submarine belt extremely tight. Just enough to hold the lap belt in position.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shhh, don’t tell Honda or my son, but I spliced my seat belt harness to a toggle switch and mounted it low and rearward on the tunnel so he can drive the machine and I know he is limited to a safe speed. It lets him go really fast right up to the speed limiter

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!