highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
With my new 3d printer coming soon, I took some measurements and made a model for a trumpet cover to keep loose screws and anything else from falling into the Talon intake while the air box cover is removed. These are only to be used during maintenance not for running with in place.

Inspiration came from industrial piping work where they use "skillet blinds" or "paddle blinds" to isolate pipe lines between flanges. This printing view is upside down but the theory is that this will slip over the trumpet opening, fitting tightly to stay in place. The handle is really only there to prevent the air box cover from being accidentally put back on with these in place! The openings in the side are necessary to clear the mounting brackets for the trumpets. I wanted this to be one piece for both trumpets but the angles are crazy so I'll make two pieces.

So I'll print one to try and tweak as necessary. If anyone is interested I'll make them available in my shop. Let me know what you think.
Talon trumpet cover

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
With my new 3d printer coming soon, I took some measurements and made a model for a trumpet cover to keep loose screws and anything else from falling into the Talon intake while the air box cover is removed. These are only to be used during maintenance not for running with in place.

Inspiration came from industrial piping work where they use "skillet blinds" or "paddle blinds" to isolate pipe lines between flanges. This printing view is upside down but the theory is that this will slip over the trumpet opening, fitting tightly to stay in place. The handle is really only there to prevent the air box cover from being accidentally put back on with these in place! The openings in the side are necessary to clear the mounting brackets for the trumpets. I wanted this to be one piece for both trumpets but the angles are crazy so I'll make two pieces.

So I'll print one to try and tweak as necessary. If anyone is interested I'll make them available in my shop. Let me know what you think.
View attachment 341707
Rag works for me?

Reactions: Backwoods
H

HondaTech

Ive got more problems dropping them on top of the engine.

Im glad Honda got rid of the collars now and made the bolt/collar one piece.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X

View attachment 341707
They work great!!! Just remember to remove them before going for a ride. If you forget, you'll quickly be reminded..... Haha 😂😂😂

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!