highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
What do you guys think about a thin steel plate to replace that huge warning plaque on the passenger side dash?

This would allow for any magnetic mounts to be used. I have a cad model made for this replacement piece at 1/16” thick that would replace the riveted warning label. I could have these accurately laser cut and powder coated attaching with the plastic snaps instead of rivets.

I’m just thinking of things that I can’t find currently offered by anyone else. I see panels for decoration, and plastic panels for cutting switch holes in but nothing for magnetic mounts.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Picked up two laser cut 16 ga steel plates yesterday minus paint. Steel is expensive!!!

Hoping to make time soon and try one out. Just holding in place the fit looks great. Drill the old rivets out, drill larger holes for plastic snap rivets and mount the plate. Should be straight forward installation. I'll post some pics by the weekend.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
First prototype. Needs to be a little larger to fit closer to the edge of the space it occupies. I’ve already changed the cad model to send to ship and cut larger. This one is only painted a no clear coated.

Do you guys think this will be useful or just good enough to replace the ugly dummy decal?

9C9487FE 0B04 438C 980C 7A4B06933A59

Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
First prototype. Needs to be a little larger to fit closer to the edge of the space it occupies. I’ve already changed the cad model to send to ship and cut larger. This one is only painted a no clear coated.

Do you guys think this will be useful or just good enough to replace the ugly dummy decal?

View attachment 299234
definitely better, i took my Dremel to the rivets on mine and took it off. how much are those selling for

Reactions: Squeegee
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks for the responses gents. I'll get back on this soon. The first two I made to try were a little smaller than I expected so I revised the cad file but haven't been able to test again. We have been so busy at my day job this month I haven't had much time to play in the shop! I also have to work with the shop on cost because I think the two I had made were too expensive, even with current steel prices, compared to other items they have laser cut for me.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Revised the cad file and sent to shop to cut another test plate. The first version was not quite as wide as I wanted and did not complete cover the old rivet holes.

Once the test plate is verified to fit as I want it to, then I'll roll some of these out. The finished product will be powder coated a smooth matte black, similar to the roll cage finish. This should also allow for suction cup mounts to be used.

I should have good pricing soon also, pending the shop quote and powder coat costs.

Reactions: lowranger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Revised the cad file and sent to shop to cut another test plate. The first version was not quite as wide as I wanted and did not complete cover the old rivet holes.

Once the test plate is verified to fit as I want it to, then I'll roll some of these out. The finished product will be powder coated a smooth matte black, similar to the roll cage finish. This should also allow for suction cup mounts to be used.

I should have good pricing soon also, pending the shop quote and powder coat costs.
Punch outs for switches would be nice….🤔

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Punch outs for switches would be nice….🤔
There are many options to play with on this dash panel. Others guys are 3d printing panels with punch outs. Once I have my own cnc cutter one goal is to offer custom cutouts that I can quickly turnaround myself. Working with a shop I can't offer too many variations.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Others guys are 3d printing panels with punch outs.
Yeah, I found and received a plastic one of those and I’m not impressed…
I’ll get one from you when you get that far…👍

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
10-4
Do you have holes drilled in dash already for the plastic plate? If so the chances of hitting those with my plate will be slim. I could send you one with no holes drilled and you could drill to match your holes.

I'm not real sure all Talons have OEM rivets are in the same place either. A couple rivets on my talon were almost on the edge of the safety plaque.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Yeah, I found and received a plastic one of those and I’m not impressed…
I’ll get one from you when you get that far…👍
Most of the filament plastics used in 3d printers do not like extreme weather conditions! Parts will warp like crazy!

A coworker printed a gasket templete for me to repeatedly cut out gaskets with an exato knife. It's accurate but I left it in my car one day and it warped. Not bad enough to not use but it's no longer flat.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
10-4
Do you have holes drilled in dash already for the plastic plate? If so the chances of hitting those with my plate will be slim. I could send you one with no holes drilled and you could drill to match your holes.

I'm not real sure all Talons have OEM rivets are in the same place either. A couple rivets on my talon were almost on the edge of the safety plaque.
Yeah, probably need to get one with no holes once you’re offering them with punch outs…

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!