Talon storage options poll

Which storage option listed below would you most like to see made avaible for purchase?

• X4 rear seat aluminum replacement expedition style box, full opening lid (XL capacity)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Some of you have already been watching and providing feedback on my thread for Talon under seat storage options. Thanks to all those who have been supporting me through the design process. Now comes priority decision time as to which storage option I will produce first. I don't have the funds available to produce all of these options at one time, so I'm asking for help to decide which option should go first.

Preliminary design mock-ups have been made for all of the aluminum boxes listed below. One aluminum prototype has been made for the X2 driver seat and revisions are in process toward a finished product to be made available.

As a supporting vendor of this forum, I appreciate the feedback in advance. Please vote to help my small business move forward with one of these storage options. Thanks. -Brian

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Good news! The 6” opening will work for the driver side seat boxes. The only trick is that the seat has to be a little further back than in this pic to release the lever. Most of the opening is clear for access. No problem getting the lever hatch open.

Edit: This is the X4 driver seat box with a capacity of 11 QT.

4BA6B1BA 0050 49CF A483 F58218F55316

Last edited:
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Voted for the x4 drivers bag. 👍

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Fab quote is back on the X4 storage box. I can sell these for $330. Is there still any interest in the box at that price? Remember that this is fabricated aluminum, powder coated outside not plastic. The 6" diameter hatch is a plastic, gasket sealed opening with lever action lock and release. Access is great with this hatch. Box capacity is 26 qt and bolts to existing body plastic anchor points. Buyer will have to cut some plastic under the seat to get access to the box.

I'll post a few more pics taken during development for those who may be interested.

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Made a drawing today for the X2 drivers box, flattened out all the parts and printed full size on the plotter to make patterns of all the parts. In the next few weeks I'm going to cut one out and weld it up and see how it turns out.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Some of you have already been watching and providing feedback on my thread for Talon under seat storage options. Thanks to all those who have been supporting me through the design process. Now comes priority decision time as to which storage option I will produce first. I don't have the funds available to produce all of these options at one time, so I'm asking for help to decide which option should go first.

Preliminary design mock-ups have been made for all of the aluminum boxes listed below. One aluminum prototype has been made for the X2 driver seat and revisions are in process toward a finished product to be made available.

As a supporting vendor of this forum, I appreciate the feedback in advance. Please vote to help my small business move forward with one of these storage options. Thanks. -Brian
Too dumb to figure out how to vote for the passenger seat X4.....🙄😂

Reactions: Plumber32
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
No Monte, the poll was only open for a week. :)

I gave the shop the go ahead yesterday to fab an X4-p box. Once we get it checked out then I'll probably take a few orders to build at first. No minimum from shop at this point so I can do that. I've been crunching numbers trying to get the price right.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Fab quote is back on the X4 storage box. I can sell these for $375. Is there still any interest in the box at that price? Remember that this is fabricated aluminum, powder coated outside not plastic. The 6" diameter hatch is a plastic, gasket sealed opening with lever action lock and release. Access is great with this hatch. Box capacity is 26 qt and bolts to existing body plastic anchor points. Buyer will have to cut some plastic under the seat to get access to the box.

I'll post a few more pics taken during development for those who may be interested.
Passenger side? I’m good for one.
If you haven’t seen it, take a look at the video @FlashPerformance posted on X4 skid replacement. The cavern under the passenger seat is right there completely exposed. I don’t know if it would make installation easier or not, but I want to install that skid, and would install your storage at the same time, if there’s any advantage...🤔

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

I gave the shop the go ahead yesterday to fab an X4-p box. Once we get it checked out then I'll probably take a few orders to build at first. No minimum from shop at this point so I can do that. I've been crunching numbers trying to get the price right.
Sorry bro, I missed the poll...🙄

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Is it recommended to cut that portion of the plastic out in place, or remove the entire pan and cut it outside the machine? Or is the later even possible?
You'll have to remove the plastic to install the box anyway so it can be cut outside the machine. When it gets down to it, I'll provide measurements, a template or a better picture showing how to cut the plastic.
Unless I can find a willing participant, I won't have a machine to actually cut the plastic on! The X4 I was using for mock-ups left my shop Tuesday. The owner sold it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Ok. I’ll take the first one if it’s not spoken for....😊

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You'll have to remove the plastic to install the box anyway so it can be cut outside the machine. When it gets down to it, I'll provide measurements, a template or a better picture showing how to cut the plastic.
Unless I can find a willing participant, I won't have a machine to actually cut the plastic on! The X4 I was using for mock-ups left my shop Tuesday. The owner sold it.
Unfortunately I’m way too busy to install mine right away so that you can have an example. In which case I’m happy to wait and buy a later production if you want...👍

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I won't have a test unit for at least a couple weeks. That's just the way I fall in the fab shop schedule.
I'll keep you in mind monte as my tester! And yes this is the X4 passenger seat box.
The box was designed to be installed from the passenger footwell area so removing the skid probably will not be any advantage to you.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I won't have a test unit for at least a couple weeks. That's just the way I fall in the fab shop schedule.
I'll keep you in mind monte as my tester! And yes this is the X4 passenger seat box.
The box was designed to be installed from the passenger footwell area so removing the skid probably will not be any advantage to you.
Roger that, I’ll stand by....😉

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
After crunching numbers for modest profit at a fair price, it looks like the X4-p box will sell for $330 plus shipping. I don't have a weight yet so I'll figure shipping cost once I get the first unit for form and function test.

Also, I've communicated with a US bag manufacture but making the small X2 bag like I would want them made but it's not much cheaper than building an aluminum box.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!