highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've been thinking about this for a LONG time, and woke up this morning with a crazy idea of how to build a completely new intake system with:
  • use my current intake pre-filter design to still capture cleaner air
  • a new air box that will accept a Desertcraft primary air filter with easy access from the cargo bed
  • a new high volume and high flow plenum to feed the throttle bodies
This would be a total replacement to make the intake system simpler, easier to maintain and possibly flow better. I'm almost certain I can do this now!

This could be a long road of development but I need a challenge for the new year! I'm after the normal trail guys market, not so much the racing market, although the vision in my head could possibly be adapted for racing applications. This will definately put my CAD and design skills to the test!

As many of you may have guessed, I could setup shop and sell speaker roofs and other bling items like that but I'm not into that stuff myself. That would be more torturous to me than actually figuring out a better way to do something!

If I can keep this at the same price of a particle separator, I think this would sell. I mean this is THE REASON for particle separator installs anyway.

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is the way design work goes...when inspiration hits you better run with it.

This morning I awoke with an idea to get this project kick started back up. I've ordered a few parts that I know I'll need immediately. I'll keep ya'll posted once i have something to share. This may or may not work!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!