Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good looking ride! Welcome to the forum.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Good looking ride! Welcome to the forum.

I've been a long time reader, and an even longer rider. I actually traded a camo pioneer 500 in on the 1000. Wife said I could, so pounced! The comradery of you all is what made me join to where I could comment, or add my .02 cents. Hopefully I can help someone along the way.

Thanks for the comment on the buggy! I have added a lot of need little things here and there... But I'm redneck ballin on a budget! Stay tuned!

I'll add some homemade mods for ya'll...IMG 1363
Here is the ol' 500

Reactions: joeymt33
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard from SE Missouri!

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
IMG 1360

This sure made my dad proud!!! Said the only way he would have been more proud was if "I had found it on the side of the road." Hell of a mentor!

It's nothing obnoxiously loud. Didn't want to scare off all the deer.

I know some may criticize this... but I have 35$ in the whole setup!
It has lasted through numerous washings in the 500, and now the 1000 because its up and self contained. The best part is asking people what is that?... Then the look on their face after 5 minutes of them guessing... Finally amazement in learning what it is.
The hot wire I used was a heavy gauge extension chord because its jacketed for protection. I plan on eventually moving all my toggles to light bars etc. up to this location.

Had to take the time and post... Like I said stay tuned.

Reactions: GlockMeister
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Welcome aboard from SE Missouri!

Why thank you sir!

Like I said previously, the comradery of you all is what made me join. Been a lurker for a while. First with the 500 and now with the 1000 (with a little over 4000 miles on it already might I add) and you guys are a great group of guys. I stop by multiple times a day just to be sure I haven't missed anything.

Seems as if ya'll give @Delton a fit!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why thank you sir!

Like I said previously, the comradery of you all is what made me join. Been a lurker for a while. First with the 500 and now with the 1000 (with a little over 4000 miles on it already might I add) and you guys are a great group of guys. I stop by multiple times a day just to be sure I haven't missed anything.

Believe you me..He needs it;)

Reactions: Jshell3
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why thank you sir!

They try anyways (unsuccessfully I might add). I leave my feelings at home in my other pants lol

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I think it's funny that every video on youtube or thread has someone mentioning @Delton 's antics.

You know it's a group of good buds who can rib poke and no one flies off the handle. That's how me and all my buds are.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
It's about slipped my mind to add the doors I built.

These are sure to help the guys still suffering through the winter. It's up to 80 down here now. I wakeboard all winter long, so cold to me is 40.

I made a template onto a piece of 1/2" plywood.

Then I took a funnel and added sharpie to the hole to hang it with. I used this for the offset around the exterior, for the window on the interior.

We use the clear material for windows in large tents where I work. (This has been my back panel and my windshield when needed.) This was then added to the inside being tensioned from all directions.

The door is hung by 3 zip ties at the top to ROPS. In the lower corner to the front I have added 5 big ass nuts hanging from a zip tie that tuck into the crack. (G rated). I used the buckle from my nets for extra security in the front as well.

The key here is to have something that extends from the windshield out in front of the doors. I like to call them built in rain gaurds like vent visors. I use a thin strip of the clear material that overlaps the doors from the front. If you have any questions or would like to see better pics I can go take some for whomever.
IMG 1668

Reactions: Jshell3 and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's about slipped my mind to add the doors I built.

These are sure to help the guys still suffering through the winter. It's up to 80 down here now. I wakeboard all winter long, so cold to me is 40.

I made a template onto a piece of 1/2" plywood.

Then I took a funnel and added sharpie to the hole to hang it with. I used this for the offset around the exterior, for the window on the interior.

We use the clear material for windows in large tents where I work. (This has been my back panel and my windshield when needed.) This was then added to the inside being tensioned from all directions.

The door is hung by 3 zip ties at the top to ROPS. In the lower corner to the front I have added 5 big ass nuts hanging from a zip tie that tuck into the crack. (G rated). I used the buckle from my nets for extra security in the front as well.

The key here is to have something that extends from the windshield out in front of the doors. I like to call them built in rain gaurds like vent visors. I use a thin strip of the clear material that overlaps the doors from the front. If you have any questions or would like to see better pics I can go take some for whomever.View attachment 37095
Dude that would almost pass for factory. Nice. Soon as I get my new toy I'm gonna make the exact opposite. A tube skeleton door. For warmer months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: joeymt33
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Dude that would almost pass for factory. Nice. Soon as I get my new toy I'm gonna make the exact opposite. A tube skeleton door. For warmer months.

@Delton Was gonna do the same thing. This is only version 1.0 as I needed a template.

I can mig and tig, and am a draftsman by trade. The possibilities are endless... But for about an hour, and some scrap ply wood us southerners will be in there like swim wear. Pun intended...

Reactions: joeymt33 and Delton
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
@Delton Was gonna do the same thing. This is only version 1.0 as I needed a template.

I can mig and tig, and am a draftsman by trade. The possibilities are endless... But for about an hour, and some scrap ply wood us southerners will be in there like swim wear. Pun intended...

Really with the doors on and the "Honda genuine accessory factory installed heater" under my butt... It's really comfortable at temps around 20 deg. Spring is coming up and my next install will be the Bilge Blowers!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I hear ya man. On my last ride I used a sheet of OSB board for a roof. We do what we gotta do lol

Reactions: GlockMeister
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really with the doors on and the "Honda genuine accessory factory installed heater" under my butt... It's really comfortable at temps around 20 deg. Spring is coming up and my next install will be the Bilge Blowers!
I wish I'd had time to work on an enclosure. But this winter it's been over 60 more than it's been in the 30s lol

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
It's been a warm winter for sure @Delton. Don't know about you all but we've had some bad storms as well. Like uproot trees tornado stuff.

I didn't get to wrench on it like I had planned. Like you said it's been a warm winter. Looks like all my planned mods will have to wait for a future colder winter... j/k

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol I can't really do that at this point. One of those " in for a penny, in for a pound" situations. Too late to stop this freight train now lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!