Talon Tapping noise

G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a noise behind the passenger seat at 3/4 speed in medium bumps it sounds like a metal to metal tapping noise anyone else hearing this? Any ideas. Loving my Talon!

T

The-Bearded-One

Mar 23, 2019
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
I hear the same thing on my driver side, like when i hit potholes. Can't figure it out either. Drives me nuts. Best i can figure is it's the crossover hitting the stop on the rear shock.

robman

robman

Sep 5, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
my rzr used to do it and it was the sway bar. slack from side to side not up and down.

G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
my rzr used to do it and it was the sway bar. slack from side to side not up and down.
Thanks, I am going to give Honda a call to see if they have any ideas or thoughts on this noise its annoying and embarrassing when taking a friend for a ride to show off my Honda. I will let you know what I hear from them. Maybe they will be real nice after all my first Honda was a new trail 50.

R

Rcm936

Mar 12, 2019
Usa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Is it on sharp edge bumps? Sound like a hammer tapping the frame? If so check the nitrogen in your shocks.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Hitting the crossovers on the shock will make some noise. I saw something on FB where they thought there wheel bearings were already shot and it was just the radius rod bushing play.

Reactions: Plumber32
G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hitting the crossovers on the shock will make some noise. I saw something on FB where they thought there wheel bearings were already shot and it was just the radius rod bushing play.
Rcm936 described it well it sounds like a hammer tapping the frame. Keep the ideas coming I plan to check them all out this weekend. Thank You

G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
I hear the same thing on my driver side, like when I hit potholes. Can't figure it out either. Drives me nuts. Best I can figure is it's the crossover hitting the stop on the rear shock.
Bearded one have you found your noise yet? Mine is making me insane I am asking every Honda owner I see and have had no luck.But have met some very nice people! Honda referred me back to the dealer who had sold 3 so he has

G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
Bearded one have you found your noise yet? Mine is making me insane I am asking every Honda owner I see and have had no luck.But have met some very nice people! Honda referred me back to the dealer who had sold 3 so he has no ideas.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Its the cross over rings. Move them up and it helps the low speed washboard ride. Make sure it will cross over to the main spring before the tender spring coil binds.

Reactions: TripleB
G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
Its the cross over rings. Move them up and it helps the low speed washboard ride. Make sure it will cross over to the main spring before the tender spring coil binds.
Thank you hondabob I have a friend that can help me with that. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mine went away after filling the low N2 in the shocks.

C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thank you! Did Honda help you out with the filling or did you do it on your own?
I did it myself, I rarely use a dealer unless it’s warranty work. No offense Honda Tech!

G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
I did it myself, I rarely use a dealer unless it’s warranty work. No offense Honda Tech!
N2 was good had them adjust the crossover springs as hondabob recommended noise is gone! Thanks everyone for the input. Special thanks to hondabob on this one.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!