BOX1

P1000 TCP Radiator

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
So as I have mentioned Cuoutdoors and I have been working with a custom radiator shop to finally solve the problem of the undersized radiator and overall poor design of the fan and shroud. The resulting radiator is finally completed and had been designed to fit where the stock radiator with no modification. I have not installed mine but I know Cuoutdoors has and the radiator looks great.

The radiator is quite a bit larger with triple pass, a large spal fan and shroud included with relay and overflow. Two options are available in the build of the radiator 1. Being what he calls the mudder edition which mean the fin count is lower making it easier to clean the radiator when needed or 2. The High efficiency version which is the same fin count as factory. Both versions are still the thicker triple pass radiator just fin count is different. The price is 895.00 plus shipping for the Mudder and 845.00 plus shipping for the HE version.

You can contact Garth Hillman of Totally Cool Products at 208-356-6483

Thumbnail 1 Thumbnail 3 Thumbnail

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So as I have mentioned Cuoutdoors and I have been working with a custom radiator shop to finally solve the problem of the undersized radiator and overall poor design of the fan and shroud. The resulting radiator is finally completed and had been designed to fit where the stock radiator with no modification. I have not installed mine but I know Cuoutdoors has and the radiator looks great.

The radiator is quite a bit larger with triple pass, a large spal fan and shroud included with relay and overflow. Two options are available in the build of the radiator 1. Being what he calls the mudder edition which mean the fin count is lower making it easier to clean the radiator when needed or 2. The High efficiency version which is the same fin count as factory. Both versions are still the thicker triple pass radiator just fin count is different. The price is 895.00 plus shipping for the Mudder and 845.00 plus shipping for the HE version.

You can contact Garth Hillman of Totally Cool Products at 208-356-6483

View attachment 160027 View attachment 160028 View attachment 160029
Looks like hell of a setup!!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow that's awesome. How much less cooling capacity is the mudder one vs the high efficiency?

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Don't know that for sure probably not enough to make a significant difference in that aspect.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
@Cuoutdoors how much did it hold you remember?

Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn it I literally just put a new radiator in mine thanks to a stick. Sure wish this came up a couple weeks ago. It looks killer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Take it out keep it as a spare the stock ones cheap anyhow

Reactions: Tigermark and BWAF
Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I like it!! But GOT DAMN.... $900 to fix Honda’s problem??!!

Their are cheaper solutions for sure! mount a cheap auto zone radiator on the hood with a cage, they may make a griffin drag that’s a similar size. But it’s worth it to me to have one made right so I can stop looking at my god forsaken temperature bars more than I look at the road driving.

Hell I have suffered overheating problems for so long it will take awhile to break that habit of watching the temp cage constantly and driving and shifting to keep RPMs down for sake of heat.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Their are cheaper solutions for sure! mount a cheap auto zone radiator on the hood with a cage, they may make a griffin drag that’s a similar size. But it’s worth it to me to have one made right so I can stop looking at my god forsaken temperature bars more than I look at the road driving.

Hell I have suffered overheating problems for so long it will take awhile to break that habit of watching the temp cage constantly and driving and shifting to keep RPMs down for sake of heat.

I push the dash screen button more often than anything else trying to get to the temp screen. It seems if you have a heavy foot or payload you're going to be above 3 bars. I have my fan on a switch and if I have any payload I turn it on 100% of the time. Pretty sure I'll have one of these installed before Takeover.

Reactions: Tigermark
Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ASSUMED it was better due to holding more coolant. If the volume has not greatly increased, what makes it more efficient ..... better fan??

Increased capacity in itself isn't really better as it will just take longer to overheat but will eventually get to the same temperature as before, all other things being equal. I would have to think the radiator itself is more efficient at displacing heat via better airflow through it and coolant flow through it.

I'm curious how the stock radiator would perform with just the shroud and fan upgrade.

@Kilo427 Do you know if he would be interested in selling those 2 parts separate with the possibility to upgrade the radiator down the road?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I ASSUMED it was better due to holding more coolant. If the volume has not greatly increased, what makes it more efficient ..... better fan??
Much greater surface area. The radiator is deeper and The fins are much easier to clean. Also the fan pulls a lot more air through.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and BigOL3
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Increased capacity in itself isn't really better as it will just take longer to overheat but will eventually get to the same temperature as before, all other things being equal. I would have to think the radiator itself is more efficient at displacing heat via better airflow through it and coolant flow through it.

I'm curious how the stock radiator would perform with just the shroud and fan upgrade.

@Kilo427 Do you know if he would be interested in selling those 2 parts separate with the possibility to upgrade the radiator down the road?
The new fan shroud is different. The factory one ties Into the radiator. I'm sure he could make one but if you later want a radiator too you would have to buy everything.

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The new fan shroud is different. The factory one ties Into the radiator. I'm sure he could make one but if you later want a radiator too you would have to buy everything.

Well it was worth a shot. Thanks

It only takes a few minutes to get the whole front end off, maybe I'll pull mine back apart and see about making a shroud to move the stock fan closer to the radiator and see if that helps any.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and GPR1500SC
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!