BOX1

Tercel nerf bars

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Not sure about those. Check with them to see what the thickness of the tube is. I know it says 1.75" heavy duty tube, but that is the outside diameter of the tube, not the thickness of the steel used to make them. Personally I would use a product that is 12ga or thicker. Also those side bars wrap around the body. Others, like the ones I have, extend back to keep your rear wheel safe. But it's up to you what you want.

D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I noticed that they don't appear to offer much if any under carriage protection either.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Nerf bars are not designed for under carrige protection, skid plates are. They were originally designed for racing ATV'S to keep other quads out from in between the tires and to keep trees out of the rear tires in tight woods riding. Those Tercel bars dont look like they do either of those. I guess if you got T-boned by a gokart those would help, other than that useless IMO.

D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know that, I used to race a TRX250R years ago. I have seen nerf bars for the talons that do offer some under carriage protection, just commented these don't seem too.

Thats the reason I asked if anyone else had laid eyes or hands on them.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
If you are looking for other options I have a set from AED fabrication and they are awesome! Fit was perfect and they have saved me tons from tree and rock hits! I only wish I would have put them on sooner and saved myself some body damage!

IMG 20200322 161916

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!