BOX1

P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 73364

Even the double backed angle iron held up great. Lots of big rocks and downed trees. All scraped up and some damage around but lower bars perfect. I still may do something here but worked in a 20 minute pinch for a couple bucks.
What gauge did you use? Looks great!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What gauge did you use? Looks great!
1/8th. Tried 3/16 but it was massive and would’ve had to be welded and I wasn’t ready to commit to this, plus I was curious if it held up.
It did, without skids even.
We crawled several down trees, some rocks and squeezed some trees apart. Nothing super huge but decent enough it would’ve torn the rockers up like my previous 3. If they had skids screwed through them they’d be very solid. And I would suggest a pop rivet or smooth bolt front and rear on the side but probably not needed.
@WillyBill just had Sam get pics but sent me video lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and BWAF
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
1/8th. Tried 3/16 but it was massive and would’ve had to be welded and I wasn’t ready to commit to this, plus I was curious if it held up.
It did, without skids even.
We crawled several down trees, some rocks and squeezed some trees apart. Nothing super huge but decent. If they had skids screwed through them they’d be very solid. And I would suggest a smooth head bolt on front and rear on the side but probably not needed.
@WillyBill just had Sam get pics but sent me video lol.

Tell Sam I said "Thanks". She's such a sweetheart!!! Oh! And the Video worked fine. Just wanted to see how far it lapped underneath.

WB

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
1/8" x ? 1"-1 1/2"
1 1/4. 1 1/2 would be fine underneath but it would be a little of a lip on the side. Could easily seal it smooth with silicone though.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I love Harbor Freight. Not a bad load for 100$! Adding a few things to better help getting unstuck:) btw these waterproof Harbor boxes seem to be close to the Pelican Cases.
View attachment 72458
I've got a lot of that same stuff in mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never looked at Harbor for it previously. It’s like a candy store for Sxs!
The few things I couldn't find at harbor freight I got from tractor supply and rural king. I'm going to look into those harbor boxes. I have a metal ammo can I bought from there with my recovery stuff in it. I have a second one with tire pump, plugs, etc. I need something for a first aid kit and some tools.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The few things I couldn't find at harbor freight I got from tractor supply and rural king. I'm going to look into those harbor boxes. I have a metal ammo can I bought from there with my recovery stuff in it. I have a second one with tire pump, plugs, etc. I need something for a first aid kit and some tools.

They have 3 different sizes. I got the med it was 29$. I bought a Pelican for another project for over double but this is damn close, brought the Pelican back
Have them scan this pic for rebate if you get one
D9F17012 2192 45F8 875C 04CF19570DB1

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigermark and BWAF
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
1 1/4. 1 1/2 would be fine underneath but it would be a little of a lip on the side. Could easily seal it smooth with silicone though.

Gee, you're making me think of a full EXO Cage for a P5 now. Then I could drive while leaning against ruts without rubbing a fender or door off. It would have to be tougher than the stock tube or it would be in a wad the first tumble down the hill, lol.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ya so we can lock up the port. Ported boxes sound better

Nice system CP! Ported boxes sounding better isn't entirely accurate though, they are more efficient for a narrower frequency range. Sealed enclosures sound better but take a lot more power to achieve. Good idea for cooling those little compact amps, that's the only drawback to those is that they heat up quick. Infinity is Harmon Cardon, good sh**! You took the right direction with those 6.5's, lows and highs are easy to obtain, mids are the hard part and those will accomplish that with the proper tuning. You should have a solid system based on the components you went with and smart adding the cap. ;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice system CP! Ported boxes sounding better isn't entirely accurate though, they are more efficient for a narrower frequency range. Sealed enclosures sound better but take a lot more power to achieve. Good idea for cooling those little compact amps, that's the only drawback to those is that they heat up quick. Infinity is Harmon Cardon, good sh**! You took the right direction with those 6.5's, lows and highs are easy to obtain, mids are the hard part and those will accomplish that with the proper tuning. You should have a solid system based on the components you went with and smart adding the cap. ;)
Thanks Trigger! I know you know stereo equipment well so that means something. The only drawback is when other people drive it they think something’s wrong with the machine because the bass under the seat lol.
I got the Boss soundbar in the Yami and it does sound good but it’s impossible to get good mid and any bass from a 3” speaker. Sure easier to install though, as you know it’s so hard in a Sxs to find room and weather tight everything. I won’t do it again but it is really clear and rocks.
Those amps combined with the cap are super efficient and it’s able to run it high up and still allow for the big light bar and many accessories.
So far so good:)

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Been awhile since had something new on Clutch.
I’m hoping I have same results as many of you this time around. Haven’t had the best luck with anything and the West Coast dealers don’t seem to have the experience of back east. But she’s in for the clutch update! I’m excited and headed camping tomorrow.
A39FB84B 8A68 4C24 B110 828E5F78E8D5

Wish us luck to receive on time. If this works out right the building will resume:):)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been awhile since had something new on Clutch.
I’m hoping I have same results as many of you this time around. Haven’t had the best luck with anything and the West Coast dealers don’t seem to have the experience of back east. But she’s in for the clutch update! I’m excited and headed camping tomorrow.
View attachment 85236

Wish us luck to receive on time. If this works out right the building will resume:):)
Wish you luck man. I'm still holding out since my stocker is still strong. Putting 2-300 miles on it this weekend at Tackett creek near Royal Blue.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hell yeah I'm a hold out! Look how long it took me to get aftermarket shocks lol. Look for some videos of me going up slate rock. Basically a big sheet of slate going straight up lol
We all sure had fun riding with ya at Coalmont, hoping to do a repeat some day. I’d like to see that machine again with the cool new stuff you’ve been busy on.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!