P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Out following the daughter today. She sure has a great time doing this stuff. Didn’t expect we were buying her a Sxs lol.
6DDD767E E3D5 405B 8BEB DBC2A1013621
0F7939B2 EB4F 4BCA B9EB 4F61EA0379D1

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next time I’ll push boots...

Ha giving you a hard time. But in seriousness I used to use whatever was the most ragged. I HAPPENED to be wearing steel toe one day when I was limbing a pine and the saw kicked and left nice shiney bare steel right above my toes....

Ever since I have worn them...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ll pass the 1000-5 down to mine in 10-12 years hopefully.
I guess it just turned out that way. We were going to sell the rig once we got another Pioneer but decided to keep it as a second because it is so dependable but then got commandeered. Kinda nice though it’s safer with two rigs and she’s always got the cooler so it allows the Pioneer better twist.
Yours will love that Pioneer for sure! Should be a solid rig to hand down

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ha giving you a hard time. But in seriousness I used to use whatever was the most ragged. I HAPPENED to be wearing steel toe one day when I was limbing a pine and the saw kicked and left nice shiney bare steel right above my toes....

Ever since I have worn them...

I was 12 years old and as a farm kid, I had to carry my share of the load. One fall morning we needed to get some firewood ahead so my Dad took me out to the tool shed and had me show him how to start a chainsaw. Once I started the saw, he said, "remember that chainsaws cut maple, oak, elm or FLESH all just about equally, now take the tractor and flat wagon down to the woods and bring back a wagon load of wood."

I'm sure that today, that would be considered child abuse but living on a farm is a great life for sure.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was 12 years old and as a farm kid, I had to carry my share of the load. One fall morning we needed to get some firewood ahead so my Dad took me out to the tool shed and had me show him how to start a chainsaw. Once I started the saw, he said, "remember that chainsaws cut maple, oak, elm or FLESH all just about equally, now take the tractor and flat wagon down to the woods and bring back a wagon load of wood."

I'm sure that today, that would be considered child abuse but living on a farm is a great life for sure.

We heated with wood growing up. I don’t know how many 1000’s of cords of wood I cut with an ancient Homelite that leaked more bar oil than it got on the bar, then split with a splitter and stacked. It was called “chores”

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got pretty lost in the back corner area up here tonight, it’s easy to do. We don’t have much time during the day and night rides have never happened. Trial kept pinching tighter and branched off. Been on Polaris Ride Command app but no actual mapping anywhere around and everything becomes a spiderweb. That’s got to be fixed somehow but we’ve tried a couple other gps trackers. In the end we followed Maps back to a dirt road. Got into an area that someone had Ripsaws also and followed them a bit thinking we were coming back out but soon realized the tracks were about 3 in. Narrower.
Anyways we’re back at camp nothing broken having a couple beers. Something in the bushes again the wife gets it too hear it too this time.
I wish we were around friends that’s a little depressing but having a good weekend.
Ran into an older couple in a 900 Popo earlier headed home. Fun people.
Clutch is running perfect. It’s been a joy. Not scared of it to lay some lost miles. Couple roof mounts broke so it rattles unfortunately and we will get that fixed but that’s it! Solid machine.
This is where we finally hit dirt road again. Very welcomed site tonight after 4 hours of no idea
49C55C7F 0211 40E0 A911 A2E8B3E1EA0F

She brought us home safely!

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
983505E6 274C 4747 B815 7C68A77DD497
Gravity hurts! Ah dammit like there wasn’t enough to do. All good everyone safe. Clutch had “a few” more scratches.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
:eek:What’s the story behind this? o_O Who was driving? Did it roll? Not sure I’m crazy enough to try that!
I was driving. Had Sammy get out prior to hitting it. Tried to climb it but no luck. Didn’t look bad so came around the top then down it. Here’s first time down from @popeye video. Wasn’t bad although back tires didn’t stay down.
Second time down not same luck, just as rear tires left the dirt front tires grabbed something and twisted the steering hard to the left. Endowed it three complete times and landed back on its tires. Hard hit.im really sore Clutch isn’t the best

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!