P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finally ready for the woods. A bit scary without a winch but that'll take a second as it had multiple switches and ties in with the rear but finally got a winch on the Wolverine, and the Willy has one on the 500.
Looking better getting pumped up for the ride!
View attachment 60120

Is that a strong toe out or is it just the picture CP?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is that a strong toe out or is it just the picture CP?
I haven't checked alignment yet but it's not as bad as the pic seems. I'm sure it's out over a half inch like all Honda's

Edit- 1.25 out. Good eye @elkguide! It's fixed. Thank you for making me check

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s what has worried me about mine.. it’s been smooth from the get go. Of course I’ve gone thru a set of clutches but you know the story. Just a bit concerning when you know the issues and hear the speculation.
Smooth isn't necessarily bad as long as you aren't smooth applying it. Slap that throttle and go.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Pic from last weekend. She about tipped over shortly after this shot backing down over trees and some down logs. @WillyBill and I gave this hill hell(he almost made it) but it was too steep and side angle kept booting us into bad area all crossed up. Didn't get stuck though.
He about rolled too, was actually on two wheels in the 500 and I rode down with him on the outside of the roll cage for some stability. Good times for sure!
IMG 2123

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pic from last weekend. She about tipped over shortly after this shot backing down over trees and some down logs. @WillyBill and I gave this hill hell(he almost made it) but it was too steep and side angle kept booting us into bad area all crossed up. Didn't get stuck though.
He about rolled too, was actually on two wheels in the 500 and I rode down with him on the outside of the roll cage for some stability. Good times for sure!
View attachment 60704

Roll on Honda, roll on!!!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 2154

Thanks to @WillyBill for my new screen saver! Wish Clutch was done being built In the pic but what a great first weekend of ownership! I sure wish I were riding!

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks like a blast! Still waiting on snow here! Almost thought about having you ship some this way! -50 below tonight with no snow in sight:(
f***ing snow! Not a fan but it's fun a couple times a year. You can have mine till Valentine's Day weekend lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The boys driving. My friend came over with the kids so the older drove the Wolverine and the younger sat on his lap and drove the Pioneer awesome getting out even if so close
IMG 2263

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!