BOX1

P1000 The half windshield debate

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, looking around forum, and just want a general opinion.
1: superatv tinted. Read rattles and mounts are weak.
2. Kolpin. Looks solid
3. Rough Country.

Which would you go with?

Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d go with the full flip up superatv windshield personally. It’s the best of both worlds.

85125261 8F4D 4711 80DF FB8B2BD88E48

helimech

helimech

Feb 11, 2014
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you speed limited with it up, is 30 mph ok?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’d go with the full flip up superatv windshield personally. It’s the best of both worlds.

View attachment 193236

X1000. a Super ATV flip up windshield.

A half windshield is like buying a pair of pants with one leg. It just doesn't get the job done. First time you get caught in a rain shower with the half windshield you will fully understand. The full flip out is the best of both worlds. Air when you want it, protection when you need it.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
X1000. a Super ATV flip up windshield.

A half windshield is like buying a pair of pants with one leg. It just doesn't get the job done. First time you get caught in a rain shower with the half windshield you will fully understand. The full flip out is the best of both worlds. Air when you want it, protection when you need it.

I really like my rouge power screen works awesome for keeping bugs and debris out of your face, and eliminates all the cab heat.

BUT it sucks when it’s raining out.

To me it would be awesome to have a mesh screen AND the a full flip out windshield.

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like my rouge power screen works awesome for keeping bugs and debris out of your face, and eliminates all the cab heat.

BUT it sucks when it’s raining out.

To me it would be awesome to have a mesh screen AND the a full flip out windshield.
Super atv flip windshield with cliff the machinist add on adjustable extension,get the extra long option.

Reactions: Isaiah and Russ989
B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry I missed my own post! With the flip up, my fear is we do a lot of tight woods with lower hanging branches, and i enjoy the open feel when riding. I dont want a jeep or truck feel. Lol. So i would probably break a flip up...

Reactions: Isaiah
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Sorry I missed my own post! With the flip up, my fear is we do a lot of tight woods with lower hanging branches, and i enjoy the open feel when riding. I dont want a jeep or truck feel. Lol. So i would probably break a flip up...

Nope... if your that tight, your going slow enough to see anything hanging low enough to break it. Reach up and pull it down to get past the obstacle. I was worried about the same thing. It don’t stick out as far as I was thinking it would.

Maybe it could be a problem in other places. Has worked well for me and I had your same concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing and bullyx
B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope... if your that tight, your going slow enough to see anything hanging low enough to break it. Reach up and pull it down to get past the obstacle. I was worried about the same thing. It don’t stick out as far as I was thinking it would.

Maybe it could be a problem in other places. Has worked well for me and I had your same concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I think that's the way I'll go! Great input...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!